Capital One

www.capitalone.com
There are newer employer reviews for Capital One

Good time for opportunity in the area, a lot of change and quite risky.

Former Employee - Relationship Banker
Former Employee - Relationship Banker

I worked at Capital One full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you have talent, you will be noticed, responsibility comes whether you like it or not.

Cons

Growing pains, some branches have closed. Procedures are not as established.

1702 Other Employee Reviews for Capital One (View Most Recent)

Limited Opportunity For Growth Even With An M.B.A.

Current Employee - Senior Risk Coordinator
    Current Employee - Senior Risk Coordinator

I have been working at Capital One full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, value diversity, promote an active and healthy lifestyle

Cons

The senior management team at my site doesn't value education. I'm currently pursuing my M.B.A. with a concentration in management. I will graduate in less than 10 months from a nationally/internationally accreditated private university. I have held numerous leadership roles within my site and i was looking to career path to the next level. I recently applied for a leadership/management position within my site, I wasn't selected for an interview and didn't receive any communication from the HR department or senior management team about the status of my application until the job posting had closed and a deserving candidate was chosen. I'm not saying that education is everything but I was the only applicant with an M.B.A.

Don't use tuition reimbursement as a marketing tool to intice potential employees if you really don't value it!!

Capital One Bank

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Capital One full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent medical insurance. You can "buy" extra Paid Time Off. Financially Stable.

Cons

Upper Management lie on a consistent basis & if you go over their heads where they get in trouble you'll be blacklisted & they'll make your life more difficult. Monthly goals were unreasonable. People get written up all the time if they come up short even in just 1 category. Going through constant changes where Upper Management try to grind everyone. They don't care about work/life balance. Forget about having a free Saturday! All they care about is having more numbers, numbers & more numbers. I saw a lot of people put into uncompromising positions. They made doing what's right for customers more difficult everyday. Glad to no longer work there!!!

No more lies! Need to be explicit about where company is going. Stop having a "Closed Door" mentality especially whe you say open communication exists!

There are newer employer reviews for Capital One