There are newer employer reviews for Cardinal Health

Not for minorities working Cardinal Health's Presource division

Former Employee - Sales Operation Representative  in  Waukegan, IL (US)
Former Employee - Sales Operation Representative in Waukegan, IL (US)

I worked at Cardinal Health full-time

Pros

Big company that provides a sense of job security

Cons

*Everyone is pretty much set in their ways so change is very, very, very difficult - if not impossible.
*There's a culture of protecting yourself against your own colleagues, and sadly I am glad I did because someone tried to get me fired my fidgeting with my reports and her manager just asked me to let it go as if it didn't happened!
*If you're a minority and you get the wrong manager - beware, you may be on your way out the door. I got promoted (from production planning to Sales Support), which was the worst move I've ever taken due to the manager - the reason I quit within a few months of the promotion. I was not the first, nor the last employee under this manager who's a minority that quit - two others followed after me.
*There is no sense of camaraderie or any level of synergy in Presource. Everyone is in their own clicks and each division run like silos, independent of each other.

*Change of culture that one can be proud of working for is much needed, especially for such a large organization
*Value talent. Nurture and develop talent, and not make cost cutting the only priority. I have seen people get promoted based on face value, and not on merits. That is why I am not surprised that they have lost talented individuals and those who are still there, they are not productive and do not care about their jobs because they are not paid what they are actually worth in the marketplace and the culture of not being valued tremendously lowers their motivation

473 Other Employee Reviews for Cardinal Health (View Most Recent)

Low Pay

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

I worked at Cardinal Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Corp is great place to work at, very modern facility with gym and coffee shop, cafeteria. They also encourage volunteering.

Cons

Very low pay for finance positions. They reward external hires by bringing into middle of pay scale but if you are promoted from within, you go to bottom of pay scale. So you may only be making a very small amount more than the people on your staff.

Stop depending on bonus to supplement your salaries. You should pay a fair salary plus a bonus.

Almost Doesn't Count

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Cardinal Health full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It is a great place to work if you happen to like Columbus Ohio
    There are some great. long term employees that are very committed to the company

Cons

As the company has grown, it has really lost it's identity as it has hopped on various bandwagons touted by outside consultants.

The company lacks real direction and the revolving door of upper level leaders has hurt morale

Many of the higher level VPs hired from outside of the company are not really committed to the long term success of the company and do not appreciate how important customer relationships are

Work harder to develop internal talent. Do more to engage employees that are not based in Dublin.

There are newer employer reviews for Cardinal Health

Worked for Cardinal Health? Contribute to the Community!