Not for minorities working Cardinal Health's Presource division

Former Employee - Sales Operation Representative  in  Waukegan, IL (US)
Former Employee - Sales Operation Representative in Waukegan, IL (US)

I worked at Cardinal Health full-time

Pros

Big company that provides a sense of job security

Cons

*Everyone is pretty much set in their ways so change is very, very, very difficult - if not impossible.
*There's a culture of protecting yourself against your own colleagues, and sadly I am glad I did because someone tried to get me fired my fidgeting with my reports and her manager just asked me to let it go as if it didn't happened!
*If you're a minority and you get the wrong manager - beware, you may be on your way out the door. I got promoted (from production planning to Sales Support), which was the worst move I've ever taken due to the manager - the reason I quit within a few months of the promotion. I was not the first, nor the last employee under this manager who's a minority that quit - two others followed after me.
*There is no sense of camaraderie or any level of synergy in Presource. Everyone is in their own clicks and each division run like silos, independent of each other.

*Change of culture that one can be proud of working for is much needed, especially for such a large organization
*Value talent. Nurture and develop talent, and not make cost cutting the only priority. I have seen people get promoted based on face value, and not on merits. That is why I am not surprised that they have lost talented individuals and those who are still there, they are not productive and do not care about their jobs because they are not paid what they are actually worth in the marketplace and the culture of not being valued tremendously lowers their motivation

Other Reviews for Cardinal Health

Stable very large company. Great place for a career.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Dublin, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Dublin, OH (US)

I have been working at Cardinal Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great large company. Headquarters are great to work at, large cafeterias, fitness center. Great people to work with VP and above.

Cons

They pay slightly below average for such a large company and definitely don't reward internal promotions as much as external recruitment. There's a disproportionate number of self serving employees at the Director level.

Focus on better rewarding your employees. Outside employers offer more money and consistently recruit your top performers.

Sales Consultant

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Cardinal Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay, great benefits, company commitment to employee development

Cons

work life balance and expectations can be unrealistic

There are newer employer reviews for Cardinal Health.

Worked for Cardinal Health? Contribute to the Community!