There are newer employer reviews for Cardinal Health

Great Potential but still a ways to go

Current Employee - Director  in  Dublin, OH (US)
Current Employee - Director in Dublin, OH (US)

I have been working at Cardinal Health full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Progressive ideas; includes full service gym for $15 a month (free weights, elliptical, spinning, cross fit etc., towels, soap, showers, lockers). Cafe - lots of great looking young people.

Cons

Young firm; leadership changes every 11 months; I.T. based on projects with no road map which leads to inefficiencies; Leadership states this as a problem but does not do anything about it; processes do not stick. Here is the priority: 1. Technology; 2. Process 3. People.

1. Get a business strategy 2. Allow IT establish a long term roadmap based on the strategy 3. Keep leadership in place for 3 years to allow process to stick 4. invest in the people after you complete your downsizing

461 Other Employee Reviews for Cardinal Health (View Most Recent)

Summer Intern

Former Employee - Finance Intern  in  Dublin, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Finance Intern in Dublin, OH (US)

I worked at Cardinal Health as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Warm and friendly culture -- my manager in particular was extremely inviting and understanding. I had two performance reviews throughout the summer and received a lot of valuable feedback. In addition, I felt that my manager very much wanted to help me with my professional goals even after the program ended.

Intern programming was excellent; we had numerous events each week which included community service, professional development, and social events.

Subsidized housing was nice, too.

Upper management was VERY personable and I felt they sincerely wanted to meet and interact with the interns. We had the chance to meet and interact with the CEO and the other members of the C-suite.

Cons

I actually felt the work wasn't fast-paced enough, but this may have been because I was just an intern. I also didn't like the concept of "work politics", although admittedly this is likely prevalent at most companies. Finally, one reason I chose not to return for full-time was due to the compensation.

As another review mentioned, the GPA requirement for full-time recruitment is rather short-sighted and appears to be independent of the intern's actual performance at the company. For example, interns who wanted to enter the Finance EMERGE program had a very strict GPA requirement of 3.50.

Hard work but great teams

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dublin, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH (US)

I have been working at Cardinal Health full-time

Pros

Many of the leaders are very dynamic.
    Beautiful campus and great commutes from several nearby communities with great school districts.
    Salaries are competitive.

Cons

Long hours and evening work is common.

Walk the walk when it comes to work-life balance.

There are newer employer reviews for Cardinal Health

Worked for Cardinal Health? Contribute to the Community!