Charles Schwab

www.schwab.com

10 great years, 2 not so much

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome of the nicest people you will ever meet. The feeling you're working for a company that has values and a purpose. Feeling like the work you're doing is actually helping people.

ConsBeware the reorg - they love to reorganize constantly. If you hate your job or boss don't worry - it will probably change soon enough. Unfortunately this leads to confusion, institutional knowledge getting lost in the shuffle, sometimes terrible situations for unsuspecting employees. And heaven help you if you get separated from your support network. Oh, and get the title and position you want on your way in because there is no such thing as a promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop thinking you've found Willy Wonka's magic ticket with every new executive and reorganizing everyone at his or her whim. You've already got a great team. Promote from within. Stop overturning the apple cart so often. Let the smart people you already have do their jobs without so much distraction.

RUN! Schwab is a dinosaur company that will eat your soul

Senior Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time for less than a year

Pros: The work hours are very easy if 9 to 5 is your ideal this is the place to be. You get swanky leather bound paper… Cons: I am horrified by Schwab's outdated technology and tolerance of inefficiency. I SEROUSLY REGRET COMMING TO THIS COMPANY! This is a company that operates from… Advice to Senior Management: Stop saying that Schwab is an innovative company. You ARE a slow motion disaster of outdated thinking and technology. You currently have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Don't Do It. Look Elsewhere.

Managing Director (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time for more than a year

Pros: Very diverse workplace with some exceptional employees. Very client focus driven and most everyone wants to "do… Cons: Sr. level management lacks a clear vision and is in constant change. I found the there to be many who operate in a passive… Advice to Senior Management: People are your greatest asset to run this business. Treat others… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Charles Schwab.

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!