www.schwab.com
  www.schwab.com
There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab

By far the best employer that I've ever worked for.

Current Employee - IT Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)
Current Employee - IT Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Schwab is very particular about the worker that they hire. They will not only test your skills, but your personality and fit for culture as well. Benefits are generous, although there is very little if any tuition reimbursement. VERY good work and life balance. Ample opportunity for advancement. Senior leaders are very smart, tuned in, and actually care. All of them answer e-mail. Will your CEO answer an e-mail with a well thought-out answer that you send him? Walt will.

Cons

Pay can be slightly below market in some areas. Company re-organizes frequently which can be confusing. You must be able to prioritize and juggle many projects at once. Lots of drive-by and last minute "this must be done now" requests.

This company is great because it's full of smart, talented people. Schwab is a huge target of head hunters looking to steal your greatest assets. Keep this in mind when computing bonus payout percentages.

901 Other Employee Reviews for Charles Schwab (View Most Recent)

Very corporate, not innovative, unwillingness to try new things

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Charles Schwab as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent work/life balance. No overtime (not common as a contractor anyway).

Cons

I was brought in as a contractor to help manage part of their online efforts and bring some fresh ideas to the table. My boss seemed very open and willing to implement these ideas, but I was always shot down by my coworker who constantly cited lack of resources and time to implement anything. Many people walk around like frightened birds, worried about the "proper" way to do things. And forget about taking a break while you're working, because all outside email and social media sites are blocked. You'll be spending a lot of time on your smartphone.

Give employees more resources to innovate; they are too bogged down with plodding through their daily tasks to make drastic changes that would really benefit the organization.

Charles Schwab

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great culture and co workers. Ample vacation and sick time. Great benefits.

Cons

Pay is below average in the industry/

There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab