Charles Schwab
www.aboutschwab.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

By far the best employer that I've ever worked for.

IT Employee (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time for more than a year

ProsSchwab is very particular about the worker that they hire. They will not only test your skills, but your personality and fit for culture as well. Benefits are generous, although there is very little if any tuition reimbursement. VERY good work and life balance. Ample opportunity for advancement. Senior leaders are very smart, tuned in, and actually care. All of them answer e-mail. Will your CEO answer an e-mail with a well thought-out answer that you send him? Walt will.

ConsPay can be slightly below market in some areas. Company re-organizes frequently which can be confusing. You must be able to prioritize and juggle many projects at once. Lots of drive-by and last minute "this must be done now" requests.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company is great because it's full of smart, talented people. Schwab is a huge target of head hunters looking to steal your greatest assets. Keep this in mind when computing bonus payout percentages.

Would work there again

Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Client and employee driven. Great place to work. Cons: They could pay more to the superstars. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Product Management at Charles Schwab

Senior Manager - Product Management (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time for less than a year

Pros: Very smart people, great learning and working environment and life/work… Cons: One of the lower paying companies in the Financial Industry;… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Charles Schwab.

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Charles Schwab reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Charles Schwab CEO Walt Bettinger II. All reviews posted anonymously by Charles Schwab employees.