Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters

www.chkd.org
  www.chkd.org
There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters

It could be so much more...

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Norfolk, VA (US)
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Norfolk, VA (US)

I have been working at Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of friendly people to work with, great intern program, good surgeons, patient's can be adorable.

Cons

It doesn't have a merit based pay initiative, it only gives out a cost of living wage, and even that is taken away when finances are difficult. No clinical ladder. Advancement opportunities are not really earned but given to friends as perks. There is no retention program, there is no retention.

You shouldn't be afraid of what is the right thing to do.

20 Other Employee Reviews for Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters (View Most Recent)

CHKD

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA (US)

I have been working at Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Giving our time to the children is so rewarding. The staff really love what they are doing. Benefits.

Cons

Medicare drive a lot of our funds.

No amount of money spent on employee appreciation is too much. We give our all.

Good Company, Good People

I have been working at Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people to work with, as well as the satisfaction of helping children. There seems to be room for growth depending on your department and goals.

Cons

Hours, but that depends on the position. Some managers seem to not encourage growth for employees. Some positions seem to not have enough work to do, while others have to much.

Don't shoot down employee ideas right away.