Chubb Corp
www.chubb.com Warren, NJ 5000+ Employees

Used to be a great, close-knit company - now only the bottom line is important.

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Warren, NJ (US)

I have been working at Chubb Corp full-time for more than 8 years

ProsExcellent training; good benefits; fairly good opportunities to move around and post for other jobs.

ConsNo work/life balance. Tons of layoffs and "restructuring" have been happening over the last couple of years. No true regard for people as human beings - a very cold corporate environment. People are here one day and gone the next - and there's no info about what happened. Very unsettling to those of us left behind.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey won't listen. Paul Krump and Harold Morrison are good LEADERS. Everyone respects them and wants to work in their world. Hr is a mess - someone really needs to look at it. Can't get an answer out of anyone.

Over the top micromanagement...leadership is totally incompetant. Unreal politics.

Claims Examiner (Current Employee)
Simsbury, CT (US)

I have been working at Chubb Corp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good Cafeteria and Good gym. Most co workers are pleasant… Cons: Over whelming micromanagement based on short sighted, "clueless to the actual job Best Practices" Supervisors are "robots" for managements unrealistic whims. Management/Supervisors will throw you under the… Advice to Senior Management: Fire Specialty Claims VP of the Northeast Zone- Simsbury, CT. sweeping terminations of management and supervisory personnel in Simsbury, CT location. Install employees in to management… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

sr underwriter

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
São Salvador, Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil)

I have been working at Chubb Corp full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Solid financials, very diversified company. Cons: sometimes too conservative underwriter approach - follows others rather than… Advice to Senior Management: new products, new classes of business to target Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Chubb Corp.

Worked for Chubb Corp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chubb Corp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chubb Corp CEO John D. Finnegan. All reviews posted anonymously by Chubb Corp employees.