Chubb Corp
www.chubb.com Warren, NJ 5000+ Employees

Backstabbing Cretins - you have been warned!!!!

Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee)
Warren, NJ (US)

I worked at Chubb Corp full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHealth Benefits are good, salary competitive and I honestly can't remember what else was good about this company, I am sure there are more, I guess the cons have overridden the pros.

ConsI worked in Claims IT and was assured by others who came into Claims IT from other departments and who eventually left the group, that the rest of the company is not like this. When I left I had to pull all of the knives out of my back. I advise anyone to stay away from this group. Chubb as a whole I hear is a good company to work for, but I wasn't sorry when they layed me off, the grass is greener on the other side, trust me.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to foster an atmosphere where in order to get ahead that you don't have to stab your co-worker in the back.

Over the top micromanagement...leadership is totally incompetant. Unreal politics.

Claims Examiner (Current Employee)
Simsbury, CT (US)

I have been working at Chubb Corp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good Cafeteria and Good gym. Most co workers are pleasant… Cons: Over whelming micromanagement based on short sighted, "clueless to the actual job Best Practices" Supervisors are "robots" for managements unrealistic whims. Management/Supervisors will throw you under the… Advice to Senior Management: Fire Specialty Claims VP of the Northeast Zone- Simsbury, CT. sweeping terminations of management and supervisory personnel in Simsbury, CT location. Install employees in to management… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

sr underwriter

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
São Salvador, Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil)

I have been working at Chubb Corp full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Solid financials, very diversified company. Cons: sometimes too conservative underwriter approach - follows others rather than… Advice to Senior Management: new products, new classes of business to target Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Chubb Corp.

Worked for Chubb Corp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chubb Corp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chubb Corp CEO John D. Finnegan. All reviews posted anonymously by Chubb Corp employees.