OK but Could Be Better

Current Employee - Consultant
Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Ciber

Pros

Good colleagues; some commitment to employee growth; newly instituted review process; attempts to transform into a service company rather than body shop.

Cons

Average to below average compensation; not enough appreciation of outstanding performers; management seems isolated and disconnected from consultants; benefits need improvement.

You have articulated several grand ideas for transforming the company. Now it's time to make your actions match your words.

Other Reviews for Ciber

CIBER has a lot to learn

Former Employee - Principal Consultant  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Ciber

Pros

When I was recruited into CIBER I was promised a great deal. I was told they were going to create a consultancy which was very new to CIBER what I found out was they were going to continue to be a "Body" Shop. They do give you some freedom with regards to daily job assignments although I do believe it is more because they are too busy to pay attention to what you are really doing.

Cons

When I was hired there were 25 people in the practice I was assigned too. When I was let go because "We are going in a different direction" there were only 9. I truly believe they do not have a clue within the practice I was assigned to on how to retain talent. During the 18 months of my employment I watched 2 Senior Directors come and go, 3 Delivery Directors come and go. They do not promote from within they would rather go outside the practice to find what they would consider qualified leadership in spite of the fact they do not understand the technology solutions they are trying to present. In short, the practice is a microchasm of what is really terribly wrong with the entire company. They believe in periodic purges of personnel whom they deem as unproductive. Their mantra is be billable at 100% or better or else.

During my time within the company I have watched "protected" people survive at CIBER only because they knew how to "suck up" better then others. Real talent isn't appreciated it is all about politics and CYA behavior. I am not sure if this is ever going to change. What was once a great company, "so I am told" is nothing more of a shell of it's former self.

Management needs to get a grip of what's going on

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Ciber

Pros

Good Benefits
    Average Salary
    Will work hard to get you in the door

Cons

No room for advancement
    Disorganized in leadership positions

There are newer employer reviews for Ciber.

Worked for Ciber? Contribute to the Community!