Cisco Systems India
www.cisco.com Bangalore, India 5000+ Employees

Stable job, Great Work Culture, Good employee benefits

Software Engineer III (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cisco Systems India full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe work culture driven by mid- and lower management is extremely good & healthy. They are very supportive of employees' career growth, work-life balance and project timelines. There are silos which work in an extremely aggressive start-up mode (with their own benefits), but this is more an exception than the norm. The flexibility given to employees in terms of telecommuting and work-from-home are very encouraging - cab services, VPN on laptops, home broadband reimbursement etc.

The Cisco India campus has blossomed over time into a nice cocoon of sorts. It has multiple food cafeterias, a big health centre, a state-of-the-art medical centre and several games / sports facilities (basketball, badminton, cricket, table-tennis, carrom, Foosball, gaming arcades, massage chairs)!! The company has a great healthcare plan for employees and their families, including free annual health checkups.

ConsEven though the management harps about Innovation from India, some groups / teams are working on maintenance-only projects.

If you're a programmer who loves to work on bleeding-edge technologies and likes (re-)designing entire new products, this may seem a boring place. Lots of Cisco's products work on legacy technologies and it is impossible to re-write them when they earn billions of dollars for the company.

Quite awesome

Engineer (Current Employee)
Bangalore

I have been working at Cisco Systems India as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Almost everything.. Work culture.. Freedom Salary Opportunity to learn Resources Cons: Since its a product based company.. could be the best option… Advice to Senior Management: Already standardized. Just need to maintain it. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

cisco is amazing

Network Consulting Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cisco Systems India full-time for more than a year

Pros: learning, learning, learning, learning, & learning. Cons: i don't have anything to write here Advice to Senior Management: nine No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Cisco Systems India.

Worked for Cisco Systems India? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cisco Systems India reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cisco Systems India CEO John T. Chambers . All reviews posted anonymously by Cisco Systems India employees.