Cisco Systems

www.cisco.com

Cisco has out sourced it's culture and now we're out sourcing our common sense and good judgement

Program Manager (Current Employee)

ProsLarge company, still recognized as good branding on your resume. Work life balance is ok.
Pay is ok, but not competitive with other industry leaders. There are good people still left in the company to mentor you, but they are quickly leaving.

ConsCisco is in a constant Limited Restructure (Lay off) mode. When a group fails at a project the leadership moves to another group and the engineers are laid off. Way to many VPs Directors and managers. There are managers with only one or two people under them. Same with Directors and VPs. Cisco has lost its focus and the Senior Leadership team is driving the ship into the icebergs. Pay raises and promotions are only available to the managers and above. Cisco considers it an insult to give a 2% pay raise to cover cost of living, so they may give you 5% every 5 or 6 years. Recent Cisco motto is Be thankful you have a job!

Advice to Senior ManagementThe market says it well, Cisco is dead in the waters. We are the laughing stock of San Jose as well as Wall Street. Fire the board members and change the whole Senior Leadership. ANd maybe the stock will go up and we can regain our self respect finally. Stop out sourcing jobs to boost your stock options and pay.

Was a great company, now it become less and less attractive

Technical Lead (Current Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros: flexible work time. Gym and day care center. Every building has a shower room. Work load is… Cons: Could easily get comfortable and laid back, not learning new things, lost competence to the outside world. Lots of talent and smart people are… Advice to Senior Management: Don't wait until it is broken to fix it. … More

Good Company

Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Cisco Systems

Pros: Good products, lots of resources, sharp employees Cons: Inconsistent salary increases, too partner dependent. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Cisco Systems.

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!