There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

Great place for contractors!

Current Contractor - Customer Briefing Manager in San Jose, CA (US)
Current Contractor - Customer Briefing Manager in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Cisco Systems as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great contractor opportunities with flexible schedules. Nice people with what seems to be a good code of conduct amongst employees. Access to most things a full-time employee would get. Very cool technology to work with -- awesome customer base.

Cons

Of course being a contractor you don't get access to their great benefit packages. Sometimes you are left out of info and distribution items in your own group simply because managers look at their "FT reports".

reviews filtered by
  1. Excellent Career

Current Employee - Consulting Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Consulting Systems Engineer

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Challenging, interesting work with great teawork culture. A lot of opportunity to provide value and initiate positive change, even at the invividual contributor level. Supportive and respectful management. Great technology and effective technical direction leadership. Excellent work-life balance. Recent hires from competitors has provided fresh industy insight and ideas that have been positive overall for Cisco.

Cons

Some business operational challenges/inefficiencies that are now clearly being addressed. Learning to navigate within a large and dynamic company can prove challenging for new hires.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and continue to foster the Cisco family culture.

No US growth, driving out its best people

I worked at Cisco Systems

Pros

We used to have free drinks. Now they have free out-placing service when they offshore your job to China or India. I guess it is a plus that you get to spend a lot of time training your offshore replacement before they let you go.

Cons

Too many to name. They are so big, they move like a dinosaur. Chambers says we are family. I would hate to be one of his kids.

Advice to Management

Hire new management.