Clear Channel

www.clearchannel.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel

Former Employee - Creative Services Director in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
Former Employee - Creative Services Director in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I worked at Clear Channel full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The product itself, radio and TV programming/marketing is fun and challenging. There are some talented people in the organization

Cons

The home office is relentlessly fixated on maximizing profits to the detriment of the product. Corporate made the statement several times: "We are in the business of selling advertising. Not entertainment." and this mindset hurts the company and contributes to its shrinkage in use.

Hire some radio product experts and give people reasons for listening to on-the-air radio. And get back to 12 minutes an hour of commercials. 22 minutes an hour is way too much. You are driving people to their Ipods.

449 Other Employee Reviews for Clear Channel (View Most Recent)

An Independent Workplace

Former Intern - Radio Show Intern in San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Intern - Radio Show Intern in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Clear Channel as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Pros are as follows (working for a station): you get to have the opportunity to be on the radio, work with a close knit of people, get free food from sponsors, and have the chance to meet famous people.

Cons

Cons are as follows (working for a station): you work independently and sometimes communication gets lost in the bunch of emails or other means of communications.

Check up with all your employees so you can constantly be up to date on things.

I learned what I needed to learn to be competent in the broadcast industry on the radio side.

Former Intern - Promotions Intern in Asheville, NC (US)
    Former Intern - Promotions Intern in Asheville, NC (US)

I worked at Clear Channel as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Fun coworkers
    Always something happening
    Never a dull moment
    I really enjoyed my time interning here, and it just reinforced my love of radio. Even the tasks I didn't particularly like taught me something.

Cons

Most everyone I worked with appeared to be on-call. I didn't see a lot of team meetings or other structured time for people to get on the same page. Exchange of information appeared to happen informally in the jock lounge whenever people ran into each other.

There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel