Clear Channel
www.clearchannel.com San Antonio, TX 5000+ Employees

Creative Services Director (Former Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I worked at Clear Channel full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe product itself, radio and TV programming/marketing is fun and challenging. There are some talented people in the organization

ConsThe home office is relentlessly fixated on maximizing profits to the detriment of the product. Corporate made the statement several times: "We are in the business of selling advertising. Not entertainment." and this mindset hurts the company and contributes to its shrinkage in use.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some radio product experts and give people reasons for listening to on-the-air radio. And get back to 12 minutes an hour of commercials. 22 minutes an hour is way too much. You are driving people to their Ipods.

Great company to work for!

Board Operator (Current Employee)
Saint Louis Park, MN (US)

I have been working at Clear Channel part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great management and great content. Cons: they are slightly over staffed, ie: i wish i could… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

An Independent Workplace

Radio Show Intern (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Clear Channel as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Pros are as follows (working for a station): you get to have the opportunity to be on the radio,… Cons: Cons are as follows (working for a station): you work independently and sometimes… Advice to Senior Management: Check up with all your employees so you can constantly… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Clear Channel.

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Clear Channel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Clear Channel CEO Bob Pittman. All reviews posted anonymously by Clear Channel employees.