Clifford Chance US

www.cliffordchance.com

Job Insecurity while Maintaining Employment

Administrative (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsThe pay is in the median range for other law firms of this size. Profit sharing is good. Vacation time generous. Management willing to be flexible with scheduling.

ConsThe firm has gone through multiple rounds of layoffs and nobody is ever quite certain there won't be another one. No recognition for a job well done but this may be an industry standard. Firm has cut back so much financially in an effort to boost partner bonuses that the environment is negative. Holiday parties are minimal. Annual bonuses are stagnant. Pay increases were frozen for a year, then we were given a small percentage the following year. Workload is oppressive at times since so many people were let go. This Firm has a history of managment sticking their heads in the sand in an effort to keep their vulnerable jobs. (Out of sight, out of mind I guess.)

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just smile and nod your head when an employee has a valid complaint and seeks resolution. The problems will not go away by ignoring them and you're just making your loyal employees feel unappreciated. And yes, financial compensation goes a long way to prove how appreciative you are since the words are rarely spoken.

Typical law firm

Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Clifford Chance US

Pros: Good compensation, somewhat interesting work Cons: Constant layoffs and partner upheaval. Firm management is not transparent… Advice to Senior Management: Talk more to associates and actually explain firm developments. More

There are very few if any benefits to work for Clifford Chance US if you are in any support services roles.

I have been working at Clifford Chance US

Pros: I was able to develop my skills so I can… Cons: I work in IT and have seen this firm decimated since the Roger Wells merger with Clifford. Every year for the last seven has… Advice to Senior Management: Respect and value the contributions of all your employees. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Clifford Chance US.

Worked for Clifford Chance US? Contribute to the Community!