Clorox

www.thecloroxcompany.com
  www.thecloroxcompany.com
There are newer employer reviews for Clorox

Great People, Great Products

Current Employee - Project Manager in Oakland, CA (US)
Current Employee - Project Manager in Oakland, CA (US)

I have been working at Clorox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Values for this company are solid, great work/life balance

Cons

Commute is difficult due to central location

258 Other Employee Reviews for Clorox (View Most Recent)

A happy face is more important than being good

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Oakland, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in Oakland, CA (US)

I worked at Clorox full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of pride in their products

Cons

Marketing sizzle is most important. Revolving door for employees.

Great internship experience

Former Employee - Planning Intern in Alpharetta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Planning Intern in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I worked at Clorox as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I worked with the planning department on a variety of different projects that all felt like they had an impact. Some of the cross-functional ones helped gain important insight towards the functioning of the company and was invaluable experience for a future in the supply chain field.

Clorox's internships last for 6 months. While this may turn off some since it may mess with a student's graduation timeline, the knowledge you gain over a 6 month internship is far greater than a regular 3 month one. You never are comfortable with your role until about 2 months in. In a normal company, that means you only have 1 month to really do good work. At Clorox, you have 4 to really contribute and learn.

Furthermore, by being in the internship program you're automatically considered for their 3-year rotational program after you leave. Clorox has just recently started tapping into young talent and is hiring aggressively. The potential for growth here is phenomenal.

Cons

Not my own, but I know some of my fellow interns were stuck with what was basically grunt work, running reports and such. In these instances it is important to reach out to your manager and speak up. Clorox values its internship program, from you immediate manager to senior leadership, and is always accommodating.

Secondly, the culture in certain departments leaves opportunities for improvement that may frustrate someone coming from the clean-cut ivory tower of academics (like me, at first). As a relatively old company, corporate inertia prevents it from being as agile as a young, up-and-coming academic idealist may want, but that is endemic to any company.

Keep investing in your internship program and young talent. It will pay off.

There are newer employer reviews for Clorox