CoStar Group

www.costar.com
  www.costar.com
There are newer employer reviews for CoStar Group

Great company, great people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

I worked at CoStar Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've learned a lot working with some great people. CoStar is a growing company and has been since it's inception. Whenever you have growth like CoStar has experienced there can be mistakes. One thing the company really needs to get in order is how it cares for it's current workforce, making sure employees are fairly compensated and a better work-life balance is needed.

Cons

Expectations were not realistic, especially those tied to your compensation, you could easily be slighted for circumstances outside your control. Unfortunately many of the management team lacked the ability to train up their employees and true team spirit didn't exist in my experience, often leading employees to feel unappreciated.

329 Other Employee Reviews for CoStar Group (View Most Recent)

CoStar has great people, but your experience depends ALL on your manager.

I worked at CoStar Group full-time

Pros

-Good company benefits
    -Top notch facility
    -Lots of friendly people that are easy to get along with

Cons

-Micromanagement like crazy
    -No room for error at all
    -Low pay

Try to bring in a new generational approach in respect to talent and change from your oldschool mentality.

Broken Promises from Senior Management - Say One Thing, Do Another (ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!)

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at CoStar Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- It's a fun atmosphere with good people
    - Great location
    - Learn very quickly
    - Fast paced environment

Cons

- No consistency
    - Senior management sets unrealistic goals
    - No consideration for hard work
    - Really seems like do not want to pay the bonus by setting up a ridiculous 13 day bonus structure when bonus should be based on the whole quarter
    - Very stressful job
    - Senior management does not understand the ins and outs of this job - no wonder the leadership is all over the place!!!

A Research VP was hired several months back and offered so many grand promises. "Work will be better...no more unexpected bonus changes...no last minute changes...keep the morale high...watch our attrition..." Um, okay? All sounds great - but what has been done up to this point? Well, absolutely nothing! People aren't happy, are openly talking about leaving, the goals have gotten worse - NOT better. You base Q3 salary on things that haven't driven the success of CoStar. As a matter of fact - you decide to base 3 months worth of work/bonus on 13 days and after realizing the goals were too difficult to reach you decided to extend the quarter into Q4!? Can't you understand it makes you look like you don't know what you're doing? People have NO FAITH in senior management - NONE! Stop with rolling out these initiatives before you've had time to actually think them through. I'm suppose to work with smart people - but it doesn't seem to translate into what you're doing to your employees. You're making them hate their job, by running them into the ground, telling them to work harder, and laying on them initiative after initiative. Do you not understand what you're doing?! You're running this company into the ground with your approach! We are not idiots and we completely understand what you're doing to us! And it's got to stop! Shame on you for not having any respect for people who work hard for you and ultimately earn you your bonus.

There are newer employer reviews for CoStar Group