Coinstar
www.coinstar.com Bellevue, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Too much drama

Management (Former Employee)
Bellevue, WA (US)

I worked at Coinstar full-time for less than a year

ProsThe pay is very good compared to the work

ConsThe company has no solid direction. There are teams of 12 people with 4 to 5 managers.
Very HR top heavy. There were at least 3 HR reps for my department of less than 15 people.
No career advancement. Management and HR talked nonstop about how employees needed a clear career path but when anyone tried to establish a way to make it happen they were shot down in endless meetings.
To many egos to get anything done. People will completely kill projects simply because they didn't think of it. There is way too much political drama.
No one wants to take accountability for decisions and employees pay the price.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead your teams. Management tends to step back and be too hands off. There is very little direction and management is often invisible unless something is wrong and then it's just a big exercise in C.Y.A.

Good company to work for

Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee)
Bellevue, WA (US)

I have been working at Coinstar as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Good project management, agile, scrum process Cons: no flex time, les flexibility to manage work like balance. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Non Collaborative Team

Team C Developer (Former Employee)
Bellevue, WA (US)

I worked at Coinstar as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Good Environment of resources like computer equipment and food Cons: Non collaborative nature of the team Asking questions discouraged Difficult one solution… Advice to Senior Management: Have people dedicated to help new employees ramp up and provide incentives to ensure that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Coinstar.

Worked for Coinstar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Coinstar reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Coinstar CEO J. Scott Di Valerio. All reviews posted anonymously by Coinstar employees.