Colgate-Palmolive

www.colgate.com

Colgate

Current Employee - Research Analyst  in  Piscataway, NJ (US)
Current Employee - Research Analyst in Piscataway, NJ (US)

Pros

Innovative place, growth, salary/benefit/employee discounts are great, summer schedule (get off at 1pm on Fridays during the summer)

Cons

corporate and rigid culture, always sizing down,

Other reviews for Colgate-Palmolive

Intense experience

Current Employee - Business Applications Developer  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Business Applications Developer in New York, NY (US)

Pros

Colgate has excellent benefits and my personal experience has been one of rewarding professional development opportunities. I was able to complete my MBA during my first 2 years with the company. During a period of downsizing, I was given an opportunity to work in NJ. While it was a long commute, I at least continued to be employed.

Cons

The environment is pretty conservative, never really felt relaxed at work nor comfortable enough to share any problems I'd experience in the course of performing my role.

I would want to say that an investment in a source of support for the employee as a person would be an added bonus to the great benefits.

Colgate Palmolive

Current Employee - Director + Level In Service Function
    Current Employee - Director + Level In Service Function

Pros

Good, collaborative culture with opportunity for advancement and correct compensation - a caring culture until you get to very Sr. management; work-life balance can be good, depending on immediate boss, but many top managers only give it lip service at best.

Cons

Too much focus on reducing bottom line challenges ability to perform job; no room for advancement unless willing to relocated to US (without Expat benefits) means US employees much more likely to advance; a truely global company in terms of revenue, but HQ Sr. management focuses moslty on NA business

Promote career advancement for people, in particular women who are more often less mobile, not willing to relocte to the US; get Sr. management to focus less on NA business and move some decision making out into the field; focus more on top rather than bottom line.

There are newer employer reviews for Colgate-Palmolive.

Worked for Colgate-Palmolive? Contribute to the Community!