There are newer employer reviews for Colgate-Palmolive

So far so good

Current Employee - Senior Research Scientist  in  Piscataway, NJ (US)
Current Employee - Senior Research Scientist in Piscataway, NJ (US)

I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I would say that there are many good things about working here:
Great benefits
Good employee compensation (even with only a mediocre review)
If you are ambitious and willing to work for what you want you usually can get it (within reason)
Good evironment to grow and cultivate your career
Ability to work overseas and move around if you're disatisfied with your position
Opportunities to grow yourself as a person and not just as an employee

Cons

Somestimes stuffy and conservative, but getting better (more transparency)
Middle managers seem to be chosen based on advanced degrees and succession planning instead of actual managerial qualifications; I think this has to do with promoting people who've earned it, but by being limited to the promotion scale within the company. In order to get to a certain level, generally you must have people to manage, but not everyone can be a manager, so there are challenges there.
HR is sometimes kind of a joke; they are not really well versed in the company policies for the benefit programs or leave programs...

Revising the promotion structure would be a good start. Being careful about promoting employees with advanced degrees when it appears that that is the reason for promotion. Working harder to reach young employees and jaded employees with the realties of being a large corperation.

255 Other Employee Reviews for Colgate-Palmolive (View Most Recent)

I worked for the company for 29 years - all in the global Training and Development area

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Colgate-Palmolive full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

All global training is strategically aligned with the business. The CEO endorses , values and is a presence in the development of leadership talent. All learning products, whether sourced off the shelf externally or designed and developed anew undergo a rigorous process to assure the their quality and alignment with the business and learner needs. Employees who perform well and make a contribution to the business are well rewarded and recognized.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Company is extremely well run and successful. have no advice to offer.

Nice place to work

Former Employee - Intern  in  Piscataway, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Intern in Piscataway, NJ (US)

I worked at Colgate-Palmolive part-time for less than a year

Pros

They have great cafeteria in their facility. The people are very friendly and helpful. The area is a nice place to live in. They have a very nice work/life balance and have health days throughout the year. Also, have a store on site where you can buy discounted CP products

Cons

I do not have any complaints about working there. Absolute great place to work and live. Saw a couple turkeys in the parking lot once though, kinda concerning.

I have no advice. Business is doing well and everyone seemed qualified and competent.

There are newer employer reviews for Colgate-Palmolive

Worked for Colgate-Palmolive? Contribute to the Community!