Collabera

www.collabera.com
There are newer employer reviews for Collabera

Ntt a good company

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA (US)
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Collabera full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is no pros that I can tell

Cons

Very cheap in policy and money

Be generous to your employees

267 Other Employee Reviews for Collabera (View Most Recent)

Program Manager

Former Employee - Program Manager in Redmond, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Redmond, WA (US)

I worked at Collabera full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They are motivated to get you roles. They have good follow up with HR.

Cons

They often take a long time to deal with HR issues and equipment problems. The company was eager to reduce salaries with new role renewals. I never got a raise moving from one position to the next, even though I had great reviews.

Pollitical and Financial decision making drives HP - Not Quality

Former Employee - HelpDesk Representative in Pontiac, MI (US)
    Former Employee - HelpDesk Representative in Pontiac, MI (US)

I worked at Collabera as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

- Can't think of any.

Cons

I worked for EDS (bought out by HP) under a staffing firm Collabera

- My contract was terminated when I was not informed by either the staffing firm or HP (EDS) management
    - My staffing firm lied to me about the reasons surrounding my release - They told me HP (EDS) had no work for me. My Response: "Then why were we on manditory overtime and why was I working 60 hours/week?"
    - Contacted HP (EDS) manager via e-mail - No response - Collabera called me yelling at me that I had no right to do this. And they stated I was released due to work performance. My response: Work performance for 3 months that I was never reprimanded for or written up for, and volentarily worked 60 hours/week.
    - I found out later after my contract expired that HP is calling in staffing firms to employ groups of people for 90days letting them go so they are not hired in full time and at a much lower pay rate than their full time employees. This is also a tactic used to renegotiate their current employee's salaries down.
    - Their training methods are poorly thought out poorly executed. They train you on EVERY system in a cram session then throw you to the wolves and get mad at you when you do not perform the way the SLA agreement dictates for a system you were never trained on.
    - Their Executive & Management staff are belligerant, rude, arrogant and often times don't even know their own systems/KB/SLA agreement.
    - Their SME (Subject Matter Experts) are not experts at all. My 1st level SME yelled at me for a call I received on a system NOONE was trained on. I called her out when I showed her the fact the KB didn't have ANY information about it so what resources am I expected to use when "she" didn't know what the proprietary system was herself. I went the extra mile for the user to resolve the user's issue at by the seat of my pants and created a KB for the process involved which NOONE knew about because it didn't exist until I took the call.

This advice goes out to any and all it may pertain to.

1. Do not work for HP. It's not about what you know but who you blow.

2. Stay away from staffing agencies where possible especially in the IT field. You are often taking a 40-50% pay cut than if you directly apply for these companies.

3. If you work for HP never assume the job is permanant and keep looking for a new job the day you are hired in.

There are newer employer reviews for Collabera