There are newer employer reviews for Comex Group

Great place to work, awesome company!

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Denver, CO (US)
Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Comex Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Comex really cares about their employees and allowing them to build a career path. They have great programs and the pay is very competitive. Times have been tough in this industry but Comex has fought its way through and is stronger because of it.

Cons

Can't think of anything that really stands out. Every place has its challenges and downside, they are not different.

Keep caring and Comex will continue to get better and better!

23 Other Employee Reviews for Comex Group (View Most Recent)

Pitiful

Current Employee - Sales and Stores in Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Sales and Stores in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Comex Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

MANY great, hardworking, knowledgeable people still here

Cons

to the Denver “elite” individual who posted the glowing review of Comex in an obvious attempt to do damage control:
    You are partially correct in your statement that this is a company in transition from a collection of separate entities into a strong brand. In transition – a definite YES; A strong brand – a hearty NO.

The word transition, by nature, means changing from one position to another; i.e. a proactive, positive vision, forward thinking approach to the future. While most analysts would use the word as an analogy for strengthening one’s position, I believe the correct words they would use for this company’s “transition” are “downward spiral”, created by arrogant, pompous, pretentious managers and department heads thriving on spewing orders and demands and presenting themselves as omnipotent in a pitiful effort to garner approval from senior management. The “town hall meetings” which have been held in different areas accomplish nothing, as the only people who believe what is being espoused are the people doing the talking. Rank and file employees, as well as some “middle management” see right through the drivel.

A strong brand Comex may be south of the border. North of the border the name Comex is synonymous with “laughing stock of the industry”. When policies are put in place to diminish stock inventories, customers go elsewhere. When vendors are consistently not paid for months on end, a situation is created where the purchase of needed product is not viable and customers go elsewhere. The ONLY reason there are still customers coming to Comex owned facilities is because of the reputation of the “separate entities” brand and the diligence and hard work of the store and field personnel.

What the owners and management of Comex fail to realize is that, no matter how many facilities they have, nor how many vice presidents and upper management people they hire, the individuals in the stores and in the field are the NUMBER ONE asset. These people are constantly striving to build and maintain relationships, thereby creating an opportunity for sales to increase, providing, of course there is something of value to sell in the first place. What needs to be understood is that we should be selling people and product, NOT THE NAME COMEX. When that is understood, the name Comex may eventually mean something positive. Currently, the name Comex only causes laughter. At some point, hopefully, owners and management will understand the people are vital and may actually listen to their opinions.

Lastly is the TRUE MEANING OF COMEX: Just another cog in SW’s Wheel.

NONE. They refuse to listen to anyone.

Happy with the comex group!

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Tacoma, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Tacoma, WA (US)

I have been working at Comex Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I like working for this company. They have faith in their employees. They put money into the companies and I think are really trying to be the best paint company out there. Sure we are #4 but with the backing of this company I am sure some day we can be in the top 3.

Cons

I have none. I have sold my companies paint for 38 years and it just keeps getting better and better.

Thank you for striving to be the best. It is good for morale.

There are newer employer reviews for Comex Group