CommScope
www.commscope.com Hickory, NC 5000+ Employees

IT Department has issues

SAP Business Process Analyst (Former Employee)
Joliet, IL (US)

I worked at CommScope full-time for more than 3 years

Pros--Mature SAP system with good opportunity to see a number of standard and custom business processes with large volume
--Strong manufacturing planning expertise

Cons--Uskilled people managers in the IT department create a culture that's very closed and that does not value diversity of thought or other diversity in employees. My experience was negative in terms of culture.

Advice to Senior Management--Clean out your IT house and start again with professional IT folks who actually know how to be people managers as well. There are a ton of great people in the marketplace and you could build on your strengths to create a really great, supportive IT culture.
--"The Business" treats its people well; IT folks are not valued as much - note the large attrition from IT in 2011-2012

Great place to work, casual working environment

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Ashburn, VA (US)

I have been working at CommScope full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good benefits, relaxed working environment, new technologies Cons: yearly rise is not good, although bonus provision is there, hardly get paid… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Interaction with all levels of the organization both domestically and internationally.

Hickory, NC (US)

I have been working at CommScope full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Manufacturing excellence, tremendous amount of talented individuals, strong product portfolio with growth potential in many… Cons: Policies and practices are dated in many aspects, company promotes wireless/mobile lifestyle via products but struggles to realize the importance and benefits of flexible… Advice to Senior Management: Though issues are not CommScope centric it would be prudent to conduct an employee survey. Not sure what… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on CommScope.

Worked for CommScope? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CommScope reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CommScope CEO Marvin (Eddie) S. Edwards, Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by CommScope employees.