Corbis
www.corbis.com Seattle, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

A company in constant upheaval.

Sales (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Corbis

ProsIntelligent colleagues, great benefits packages, beautiful and relevant photography, the existence of numerous offices outside the United States gives relevant global perspective on stock photography usage trends.

ConsCorporate direction often clashed with customers' needs, major layoffs 1-2 times every year, inconsistent rewards for job performance, stagnant career paths.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide consistent recognition and rewards for annual job performance, listen to the needs of editorial clients (not just advertising/commercial clients), provide opportunities for colleagues to learn other jobs in the company, provide mentoring at all levels.

Dysfunctional enterprise not living its values

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Corbis

Pros: Work-life balance, excellent knowledgeable employees, good pay and benefits. Digital Media is a cool and contemporary… Cons: Company touts egalitarian workplace values, and preaches employee retention measures then re-orgs almost annually, losing all credibility. The employees are dispirited and no longer… Advice to Senior Management: Sell the company to someone that can run it. After 20 + years, Corbis is yet to be profitable. Corbis needs… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Respect for staff and generous support from our Owner

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Corbis

Pros: Respect for staff Strong support from Owner Compensation and benefits better than… Cons: Low job satisfaction No clear direction and follow through by top… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Corbis.

Worked for Corbis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Corbis reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Corbis CEO Gary Shenk. All reviews posted anonymously by Corbis employees.