There are newer employer reviews for Cosentino's Market

dread work every single day

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at Cosentino's Market full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

semi-annual raises (until topped out), flexible

Cons

no room to advance, very strict pay per department, very low top out rates with only a .25 cent raise a year after regardless of performance, only criticized never rewarded, people who work are the ones who get treated the worst, they'd rather keep around the slackers, management usually unwilling to provide any assistance when approached with a problem, poor relationship and people skills

listen to your employees! just because you can hire any old guy off the street doesn't mean to run your employees out. don't promote people to positions if you are unwilling to train and provide assistance when constantly asked to do so. no one can be expected to perform a job if you can't provide adequate training.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Cosentino's Market (View Most Recent)

friendly,fast,accuate

Current Employee - CDS in Kansas City, MO (US)
    Current Employee - CDS in Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at Cosentino's Market part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I am a people person with great skills,hi would you like to simple some cheese

Cons

my challenges would be getting customers opinions on different type of cheese,salsa

I would like to become a part of your team ,My long-team experience in the service industry has taught me how to meet and exceed each customers expectation with service that sells.

Good ol' boys network...

Current Employee - Department Manager in Kansas City, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at Cosentino's Market full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's locally owned and job security is strong. People are more likely to quit than be fired. Some flexability with schedule as most open 24 hours & only close for one holiday per year.

Cons

Greed amongst corporate. Corporate jobs overlap so you've got 4+ people telling you to do the same thing different ways. They don't trust store director to do his job, so everyone has their hand up the back of his shirt. They don't offer competitive pay and raises are slim to none. I've only had 2 raises in five years, both of which i had to ask for.

Read People Over Profit!!! Then live it. Eliminate overlapping corporate roles & funnel that extra cash down to store level. Company needs clear direction & mission. Know your competitors but focus on your employees & customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Cosentino's Market