Covance

www.covance.com

Gone downhill

Pros

Working remotely, benefits, PTO, Bonus

Cons

Lack of company culture, greediness, male dominated funnel

Other reviews for Covance

Worst job I've ever had

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Princeton, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ (US)

Pros

- PTO time isn't bad (of course, that assumes you can actually take time off without getting grief from your project leads)
    - Some managers allow work at home

Cons

As my title states- overall the worst job I've ever had (and that includes retail jobs I worked at in high school!). Some of the key issues:
    - Poor management. Example- after 6 months, employee asked their manager if they had any input on their performance. Manager gave employee a blank stare and said "Well, I don't really work with you on any studies.".... Manager was actually the project lead assigned to supervise 2 of the employee's studies.
    - Occasionally abusive management. I have seen more than a couple people practically (or actually) in tears after getting screamed at by their manager or project leads. Some people called on the carpet in front of clients without prior notice, which is just ridiculously unprofessional.
    - Appallingly poor training. I have never worked at a company with such a scatter-shot training program.
    - Slow path to advancement in some departments. Several good employees in my department have been leaving because they were frustrated with the promotion process. You need to serve a 2-year minimum "sentence" - it does not matter how well (or how poorly) you work.
    - Good workers are slammed with work and others (namely, pals of management) slide. Some people spend most of their day screwing around, while others have to work overtime just to keep up.

TRAINING!!
    - Teach your managers how to manage- some of the managers that want to try, don't seem to know where to begin
    - Train your staff on how to do their jobs rather than just berate them when they don't meet your (unclear) expectations

Decent pay, but dishonest HR and management. No real training provided. Very negative environment.

Former Employee - Research Associate I  in  Greenfield, IN (US)
    Former Employee - Research Associate I in Greenfield, IN (US)

Pros

Good PTO. Good insurance package.

Cons

Very negative environment with poor training.

There are newer employer reviews for Covance.

Worked for Covance? Contribute to the Community!