There are newer employer reviews for Covance

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Study Technician II  in  Madison, WI (US)
Current Employee - Study Technician II in Madison, WI (US)

I have been working at Covance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunities to learn new skills, great compensation and benefits. Company values your education and has tuition reimbursement. You start off with 21 or more days of paid vacation time.

Cons

Can have long hours and high stress depending on position and department. Toxicology is especially busy right now and experiencing high turnover.

Spend more time talking to the people actually conducting the research - inlife technicians in the vivarium. We make your business possible.

295 Other Employee Reviews for Covance (View Most Recent)

Lots of learning opportunities, great potential. Sadly, the behavior of middle management kills job satisfaction.

Former Employee - Staff Scientist  in  Madison, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Staff Scientist in Madison, WI (US)

I worked at Covance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work with good (non management) people, feel like your job makes a difference to society as a whole.

Cons

Inept middle management makes daily work painful. Ineffective management style is fostered and encouraged by upper management.

reward performance and discourage gossip. please leave your bad mood at home.

A ship without a rudder...

Former Employee - Manager  in  Madison, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Manager in Madison, WI (US)

I worked at Covance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits, some caring individuals, a good place to learn.

Cons

Hard work, stress, and an overused old system to keep labor costs down (8% must be labeled as sub par and at risk of loosing their job). The environment has gone from we are all in it to succeed to I must do whatever I can to look good, which may not benefit the team or company overall. Senior management are accountants with no vision or or real team building skills or ideas.

Hold yourself to the same expectations that others are held to. It is time for a new vision and leader.

There are newer employer reviews for Covance

Worked for Covance? Contribute to the Community!