Covidien

www.covidien.com
  www.covidien.com
There are newer employer reviews for Covidien

Overall, I have been satisfied with my experiences and opportunities at Covidien for the last 8 years.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO (US)
Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Covidien

Pros

Solid products offer some stability. However, there is concern for the future, no funnel of new products.
I am from St. Louis, so it is nice to have the opportunity to move up and stay in town. Many choose travel vs. relocation.
Company does spend money to try and keep the plants in good working conditions

Cons

20 Monkeys with typewriters could put together more constructive feedback than many of the managers in my department.
Too much holding the cards and secrets from the masses or in many cases the Project Engineers and Managers that can actually improve your decisions.

Please get rid of the last remnants of the Mallinckrodt guard that keep us stuck in the mud.

491 Other Employee Reviews for Covidien (View Most Recent)

Great money, little work/home life balance

Current Employee - Territory Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Covidien

Pros

Good money products and benefits

Cons

Little work home life balance.
    Covidien management style is very different from ev3.

Company Culture Changes every 6 months

I worked at Covidien

Pros

The Products the company makes are generally very well designed and made. In general the sales force is extremely motivated and possibly the best trained in the medical community.

Cons

The Marketing Strategy is very disjointed, product line to product line, product to product, or even month to month. There was a lot of turnover among senior leadership, and with each change comes a new culture. Rather than building up and enhancing a brand to boost sales, the company consistenty chooses layoffs for cost containment.

Promote from within and build consistency of culture; try to keep the same strategy for at least a year before changing course. Price products competitively.

There are newer employer reviews for Covidien