Cox Communications
www.cox.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Solutions Specialist

Solutions Specialist (Former Employee)
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA (US)

I worked at Cox Communications full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe company has very good benefits and a generally good management. They provide a pleasent working environment and some nice perks, like free cable and low cost phone and internet.

ConsThe company is raising prices and losing customers. They have unreasonably high sales quotas so the sales reps are under constant pressure. They brought in a 'hatchet man' laid off a lot of great people in 2009 in order to hire more 'sharks.'

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to offer affordable services to customers and quit trying to trick people into paying more. Value your employees the way you used to.

Poor moral, customers can be rude.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Cox Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros: steady work will never be layed off Cons: repetitive job description cranky customers Advice to Senior Management: longer breaks Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good company with opportunities to grow

Network Engineer III (Former Employee)

I worked at Cox Communications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Free cable / Discounted internet and phone and premium services Benefits are pretty good Pension plan Because it is a private… Cons: Investment dollars are spread between markets inequitably; some markets get upgrades and others languish Engineering groups in the field sites hit a plateau and growth is… Advice to Senior Management: Use the talent you have throughout the company too, not just at Corporate. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Cox Communications.

Worked for Cox Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cox Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cox Communications CEO Pat Esser. All reviews posted anonymously by Cox Communications employees.