Credit Suisse

www.credit-suisse.com
  www.credit-suisse.com
There are newer employer reviews for Credit Suisse

Tough but rewarding

Former Employee - Investment Banking Vice-President in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Investment Banking Vice-President in London, England (UK)

I worked at Credit Suisse full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Well renumerated and I gained a great deal of experience in a fast paced high pressure enviroment.
Good place to gain exposure to many aspects of the business

Cons

The working culture can be a bit brutal where personal survival and neopotism seems to trump the greater goals of the business
Long long hours

Allow the teams to do what they do best, cut a few people from the top. You have a very talented pool of staff if you would just let them work.

1391 Other Employee Reviews for Credit Suisse (View Most Recent)

great people and wonderful place to work

Current Employee - Financial Presentation Specialist - NightStaff (NEX) in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Credit Suisse part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

the best part of working at Credit Suisse is the people. my co-workers and the investment bankers are appreciative, there is a collegial environment, and i felt like a valued member of the team.

Cons

Credit Suisse suffers from poor management -- and as they continue to cull their support staff functions this will only be exacerbated.

my advice to upper management would be to talk to the "man on the street" -- the remaining folks below manager level who are there who are working as fast and as hard as they can. they can often problem-solve solutions better than their managers, and are a great resource to fix big picture problems that will continue to plague the financial services industry, i suspect, for a long time. it's too bad you have cut so many talented, smart people (myself among them) but i had a great, very long run at Credit Suisse, and will remember and value the experience my whole life.

Great work-life balance, mediocre career progress

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President - Business Analyst in Zürich (Switzerland)

I have been working at Credit Suisse full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Good work-life balance
    - top tier bank

Cons

- mediocre career progress
    - currently sub-optimal atmosphere

- define new business model
    - be more transparent about career progress

There are newer employer reviews for Credit Suisse