Whatever i have learnt i owe it to dish

Current Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Englewood, CO (US)
Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

job is intresting and challenging you get to learn a lot of cool stuff

Cons

employees are more restricted on time of entry and leaving raather then the work they accomplish

employees should have some flexity with time management .

Other Reviews for DISH

Momma always told me "If you cant say something nice, don't say anything at all"

Former Employee - Cube Occupier At Hq  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Cube Occupier At Hq in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good breakfast burrito in the cafe at meridian. Fellow employees work incredibly hard and are also suffering in the company. Many good employees wasted by a bad company.

Cons

*crickets* ... ok... well this would be too short to hit the 20 word minimum if I listened to momma.
    The pay was low.. hours were long... management populated with pointy-haired bosses.
    The environment is one in which you will be used up, and when finally the last bit of utility is beat out of you they will fire you.
    They automatically fire 10% of the workforce yearly sometimes a higher percent and if you're here long enough you're either:
    1) drinking the koolaid of management and have learned to treat employees poorly or
    2) you're on the list to be fired.
    If you're lucky you quit and find a job elsewhere before this happens.

Quit. You're part of a poisonous environment and before the last shreds of humanity and/or skill in management are wasted out of you, go find a job where you can use your talents for good instead of evil.

Worst? Yes and No

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist II  in  Chanhassen, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist II in Chanhassen, MN (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, plenty of overtime if you want it or even if you don't, there's some great people to work with.

Cons

I've been sitting at my computer typing and retyping my frustrations for over an hour. I'm just going to go one at a time and see how long it takes.

Management - numbers, numbers, numbers - it's all they care about.

Metrics....
    PPH - productivity = do more in less time
    Completion Percentage - usually out of your control but what the hell graded on it anyway
    CSATs - Happy customer = good Unhappy customer = bad regarless if it's your fault
    TC12s - usually something the customer did but you still get dinged for it
    Connectivity - usually out of your control also but, it's still your fault
    Signal Strength - Only one that is in your control however' if you get a 69 instead of a 70 you get a fail

Routes and Field Resources - not done right and usually FRCs are overworked as much as the techs but trying to make the day go smoothly is a chore

Smart Home Sales - selling customers overpriced products and services you wouldn't buy yourself (it's all about profit and not the customer)

Working Holidays - really people can't go 1 day without TV anymore? Having worked almost evey holiday this past year including Xmas eve/day New Year's eve/day and having customers tell me I should be home with my family and not working really makes you wonder what is corporate thinking about when they're at home with their families while we're out working those days. Profit is my guess.

Training - basics are taught well enough for you to get a start but if you run across anything out of the ordinary you have no idea what to do. This includes new products and services you get told about and get a quick 5 minute rundown and off you go.

Communication - poor to begin with and getting worse with the launch of the Notes making it almost impossible to get any information received or conveyed.

Management - have to mention again for one reason, they focus more on the 1 bad than they do the 99 good.

I could go on all day but I think these are the major reasons why we feel this way.

Try doing our job not for a day but for an entire week, one day isn't a good sampling it might be one of the good days. A week isn't a great sampling either but the weeks usually seem to be more consistant than a day does.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!