DISH

www.dish.com
  www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

DISH can DEFINITELY improve in many areas to make this place more enjoyable

Current Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO (US)
Current Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Competitive pay, free dish tv, Paid time off

Cons

Point system for absences or lates. 5 points is what you get for 3 months. 1 point for everyday missed and 1/2 point for every day late or half day off. And by late I mean you get a 5 minute grace period and then 1 minute after that it's a half point. You gain each point back 3 months from when you used it but once you hit 5 that your final warning, miss or late one more time your fired.

Hardly any pay raises. I've been here for over a year and had one pay increase and that was 90 days after hire. Advancing within the company is based metrics. So is pay for performance, where you get commission for your upsells but then if your not perfect on metrics you lose out and the CSAT surveys that customers take, you have no control over, same goes for customers calling in within 3 days of talking to you and AHT... sometimes good customer service takes time!

No holidays off unless your scheduled off. I will give them that my call center was closed on Christmas this year, but not last year. But I had to work on my day off to get New Years, you get holiday pay BUT.... If your 1 minute late from your schedule start, 1 minute late from your lunch and log out less than 1 minute past your shift end, you don't get paid. RIDICULOUS!! AND you have to do that the day before, day of (if scheduled) and the day after. They observe black friday as a holiday but not x-mas eve.

STOP with the point system for absences and lates. Loosen the slack on metrics and on how you QUALIFY for holiday pay. I'm there working on a holiday when a lot of others are not having to work because they close, I should get paid regardless of whether or not I there 5 minutes before or 1 minute late considering it takes 2 minutes to log into the computer. How about pay raises more often like every 6 months.

1850 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Great work place

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Christiansburg, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Christiansburg, VA (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Salary, team members, training & QA depts, supervisors, over all friendly atmosphere from upper management, our will to succeed, the schedule

Cons

Negative response to the job from other agents who are dissatisfied

Make the atmosphere to phone agents more lively so they aren't so unhappy or recommend things that can help them grow stronger or understand their business better.

Freat Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great work environment, my coworkers are competent, friendly people. My manager treats me with respect and does not micromanage.

Cons

The core hours ensure that employees do not get to take full advantage of "flexible work hours".

Reduce the core hours to something like 10-2 so that employees feel like they can trult havea flexible schedule. Also, listen to employee feedback, rather than just ismissing it.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH