There are newer employer reviews for DISH

DISH can DEFINITELY improve in many areas to make this place more enjoyable

Current Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO (US)
Current Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Competitive pay, free dish tv, Paid time off

Cons

Point system for absences or lates. 5 points is what you get for 3 months. 1 point for everyday missed and 1/2 point for every day late or half day off. And by late I mean you get a 5 minute grace period and then 1 minute after that it's a half point. You gain each point back 3 months from when you used it but once you hit 5 that your final warning, miss or late one more time your fired.

Hardly any pay raises. I've been here for over a year and had one pay increase and that was 90 days after hire. Advancing within the company is based metrics. So is pay for performance, where you get commission for your upsells but then if your not perfect on metrics you lose out and the CSAT surveys that customers take, you have no control over, same goes for customers calling in within 3 days of talking to you and AHT... sometimes good customer service takes time!

No holidays off unless your scheduled off. I will give them that my call center was closed on Christmas this year, but not last year. But I had to work on my day off to get New Years, you get holiday pay BUT.... If your 1 minute late from your schedule start, 1 minute late from your lunch and log out less than 1 minute past your shift end, you don't get paid. RIDICULOUS!! AND you have to do that the day before, day of (if scheduled) and the day after. They observe black friday as a holiday but not x-mas eve.

STOP with the point system for absences and lates. Loosen the slack on metrics and on how you QUALIFY for holiday pay. I'm there working on a holiday when a lot of others are not having to work because they close, I should get paid regardless of whether or not I there 5 minutes before or 1 minute late considering it takes 2 minutes to log into the computer. How about pay raises more often like every 6 months.

1802 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

I worked at DISH

Pros

Good pay, lots of hours, always hiring bc people quit daily. Overtime and holiday pay, paid time off.

Cons

Probably work weekends, shifts change often and you have to bid for them, have to apply for time off and are most likely gonna be working odd hours.

Stop worrying about agents stats so much and concentrate more on cust satisfaction, and the percent of issues fixed instead of if it took them 30 secs too long on the call. If the customer is happy, they will stay with the company.

Don't go down this road

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Littleton, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Littleton, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fortune 200 company, can't think of anything else

Cons

low pay, poor benefits, low morale

Pay your employees something that they can live off of. My department schedules potlucks, happy hours, etc. around pay day because everyone lives pay check to pay check. Smart people here too, degrees from Notre Dame, CO school of Mines, DU, Virginia Tech, and more, and it's not uncommon for us to do a ride along with a technician who makes more then us. Managers will ask you to take on a project, and then claim to their superiors that the work is their own, even going so far as scrubbing emails. A great place to come to work if you're a glutton for punishment, otherwise you can and will find something better.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH