There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Could Be Better, Could Be Worse

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Littleton, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good management (at least in the call center), plenty of training to keep you up to date on what's going on.

Cons

Lazy customer service agents, people not wanting to work. Hard to accomplish payouts based on random metrics we cannot control.

Ease up on the can-be-rigid requirements that are, honestly, unreachable sometimes.

1792 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

My experience at DISH is mostly positive and trending even better.

Current Employee - Territory Account Representative
    Current Employee - Territory Account Representative

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

I work with good people who care about customers and each other. I like working for a pioneering and innovative company with really cool products and services. I have the opportunity to be creative in my job. I think the pay is good, for where I live, and the number of vacation days is very good, considering I don't live in France. With the prospect of DISH entering the mobile data and voice marketplace in the near future, I believe there is a ton of opportunity for growth with this company. Increasingly upper managment is acting on more suggestions from employees at all levels and that is improving the company.

Cons

The health insurance is not something I am particularly satsfied with at this time, though management has ackowledged the issue and expressed a commitment to make it better. Parking is an issue at some locations because DISH employs a lot of people.

Just like we strive to be the best in video, and soon mobile data and voice, we should become the best in employee safety and health, across all departments. This would be extremely positive for employees as well as shareholders, and would allow us to better serve our customers.

Good company. Not perfect, but I like it.

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Bluefield, WV (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been here less than 2 years, so my experience may be considered somewhat limited. In the time I have been here, I have felt my supervisors and their supervisors look out for me, give me tools and incentive to succeed. This is a merit-based company, advancement is based upon ability, not seniority. I've moved up quicker than others who have been here longer, based on my abilities. I know I appreciate that, it is reassuring to know that I am judged by my abilities, and not other methods. I was aware of the negative reviews of this company for some time, even before starting employment here, but took a chance. I do see that those who tend to complain tend to leave quickly. The turnover is pretty high, and I will admit, not everybody has the temperament for a call center job. Joe Clayton seems to be a guy who "gets it", I've been impressed with him, and also the people in senior management that are in my chain of command. He can come across a little gruff, but he seems to have a vision for company success. One thing that has been discussed a lot is the occasional mandatory overtime. When applying for this job, the details were made clear that the company does this, it was not a secret. I see it as job security, that instead of mass-hiring short term employees, we spread the work to the current staff.

Cons

The health insurance is not comparable to what I have had before, the cost is high (deductibles, etc), but I am glad to have a position that offers health insurance. Working holidays stinks, I see great opportunity here, other comparable companies are better about giving holidays off, and letting customers know that they value their employees enough to be closed on those days. The offshore outsourcing is disappointing, I have spent many hours correcting and apologizing for the errors caused by offshore agents. I understand they work cheaply, but management really needs to measure how much time those of us in the US spend fixing the mistakes, I don't know the cost-to-value would support the offshore workers. I think the reputation of Charlie Ergen precedes him, and a lot of folks base their opinion of the company based on him. Noted in the "Pros" that Joe Clayton seems to "get it"

Joe Clayton needs to be in the forefront, as he has been recently, as he presents a good, positive, interesting face for Dish. Please look deeper at the amount of offshoring we do, measure the true benefit-to-cost ratio (consider the time US agents have to spend correcting their mistakes). Look at giving holidays off (at least Christmas) and work with PR to explain it as a positive to our customers, that we as a company care about our employees.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH