DISH

www.dish.com
  www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worst place in America to work... Yes

Current Employee - Dr Dish/Broadband in Hilliard, OH (US)
Current Employee - Dr Dish/Broadband in Hilliard, OH (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They are always looking to hire and give hours. I'm really struggling to think of another positive thing to say.

Cons

This company doesn't care about you and doesn't pretend to care. Wither employee customer or both they care more about your money than you. Profits before customers, customers before employees. There is always this feeling that they are looking to replace you. I have been with dish for 3 years and by their stats have been rated as one of the top agents at my site. They work me long hours and seem to not understand if you can't or don't want to work over time. I'm at a call center and they are not afraid to tell you that you are replaceable. They can't keep employees and have a high turn over rate for so many reasons. Their training is poor and they blame the employees for not knowing the job. Then when they get to where i am they find how bad training is up to this point. Them the people that do have experience have to explain why it took five people to fix their simple issue. They continuously and to your job without a raise, and little to no training. One of the big things right now is sales. They are telling people that if you can't get your sales at least 8% or you will be fired. I do tech Support and i find it terrible trying to sell programming to someone that can't get their TV to work. I could say a lot more but i think this is a good start to tell how bad the company is. Oh one more thing. Joe Claton seems to think there is no problem here and told all employees to go on here and wright a review if you like your job. Backfire...

Remember your employees are people too.

1883 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

The most Miserable 2 years of my life

Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Pine Brook, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Pine Brook, NJ (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you are good at Sales, you can make a decent salary.

It's better than being Unemployed

Cons

Treated like a machine rather than a person.

Constantly threatened with the possibility of losing your job

Long hours, mandatory overtime, no paid holidays

Frequent schedule changes

If you have children, make sure there aren't any emergencies! You will receive an "Occurence" (essentially a write up) if you have to leave work early for a sick child, etc.

If you have a bad week and don't meet your metrics they will actually deduct money from your pay

Realize that you have actual living, breathing humans working for you, who have families that they would like to see more than once a week. Treat people with respect and empathy and it will go a long way. Employees that feel valued are more inclined to work harder and go the extra mile.

sweatshop labor 2.0

Former Employee - Installation Technician in Green Bay, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Installation Technician in Green Bay, WI (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

they will hire anyone with a pulse

Cons

•Pay is as unclear as the hours you will work. I was never able to figure out how they were paying me even when i was hourly. If you figure in the cost of commuting to the far out location of the base and it your tool rental cost, expect make below minimum wage for at least 2 years
    •Expect "bad dog" training tactics. anytime anything goes wrong and it will everyday they will find a way to lower your pay for the following month as a form of reprimanding you for something that may or may not be your fault.
    •Hours worked make it an extremely unsafe work enviroment. All the techs look like they ae trying out for a part on The Walking Dead. My trainer veared off the road many times sacaring the !@&* out of me.

Try hiring robots.

Ive never seen a more out of touch regional manager. Nothing can be said here to get it through to them that the DISH contract for techs is in dire need of repair.

Working anywhere else will be better. McDonnalds Burger King, anything is better than DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH