Does not meet expectations

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist  in  Aztec, NM (US)
Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Aztec, NM (US)

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some medical, dental, and vision benefits.

Cons

Your team can be number one in your region. Your warehouse pass audits with 100%. Go 461 days without an accident. Damage claims less than $50.00 for two years running. Have the team make over 6.4 points an hour everyday for 160 days, and if you get an evaluation on job performance "Does not meet Expectations".

I still have some ear to what is currently happening in the region. Your rating of worst company by customers and by employees will not change no matter how many times to tell the employees you are working to make things better. Clean house like you should have 5 years ago. VP''s down.

Other Reviews for DISH

It's what you make of it.

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

First job out of college and it was a great learning experience especially for a recent grad. Dish has been good to me. Career Advancement is your choice - you have to voice your desire to move up and often. I love the people I work with and have found it to be a supportive environment.

Cons

I don't have much to complain about but I do see how some people leave with a bad taste in their mouth - with that said the C.E.O has taken great strides in improving moral. If you hate micromanaging and can't stand it - Dish is not for you. If you don't want to work hard - don't bother. You are expected to give 110%. I'm in my 20s and I can say the biggest con is moral - its pretty low. I think that's partially due to the world in which my generation has grown up in where we always get a pat on the back - everyone wins and everyone expects their boss to be perfect. For those people they aren't in touch with reality. The core hours was a problem but has since been gotten rid of by the CEO for 2013. Lack of communication between teams - everyone has a silo view and doesn't think about how projects impact others.

Trust your employees to make good decisions.

Get some experience and leave

Current Employee - Operations Analyst  in  Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

They hire recent grads and people with relatively little experience
    There are some great people who work here
    If you talk to the right people, you can get help in learning various programs that are useful

Cons

Mediocre compensation and benefits
    Obsessive micromanagement about time cards

Rather than planning ahead, making decisions, and committing to them, most mid-level managers are constantly reacting I the whims of senior management. Since they don't generally have a good understanding of the data or what happens on the ground and they ignore any input from their analysts, this wastes a tremendous amount of time and results in poor decision making.
    Analysts are often set up to fail because management makes absurd demands without understanding the work that goes into their requests. These requests are expected to be met immediately (often impossible), and then the next week they change their mind and the process starts all over again. Since they don't want to hear any input from the people actually doing the work, and rarely recognize their hard work, advancement tends to be based on your willingness to blindly obey management and keep your mouth shut. I have worked here for about a year. In that time, pretty much my entire team has turned over. I think that's a pretty good indicator of how happy employees are. Their treatment of csrs/techs is even more reprehensible. If you're going to work here, get the experience you need and get out as soon as possible.

Stop acting like chickens with your heads cut off and actually listen to the people who are doing the day to day work of making the company function

There are newer employer reviews for DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!