There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Does not meet expectations

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist  in  Aztec, NM (US)
Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Aztec, NM (US)

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some medical, dental, and vision benefits.

Cons

Your team can be number one in your region. Your warehouse pass audits with 100%. Go 461 days without an accident. Damage claims less than $50.00 for two years running. Have the team make over 6.4 points an hour everyday for 160 days, and if you get an evaluation on job performance "Does not meet Expectations".

I still have some ear to what is currently happening in the region. Your rating of worst company by customers and by employees will not change no matter how many times to tell the employees you are working to make things better. Clean house like you should have 5 years ago. VP''s down.

1764 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

It's what you make of it.

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

First job out of college and it was a great learning experience especially for a recent grad. Dish has been good to me. Career Advancement is your choice - you have to voice your desire to move up and often. I love the people I work with and have found it to be a supportive environment.

Cons

I don't have much to complain about but I do see how some people leave with a bad taste in their mouth - with that said the C.E.O has taken great strides in improving moral. If you hate micromanaging and can't stand it - Dish is not for you. If you don't want to work hard - don't bother. You are expected to give 110%. I'm in my 20s and I can say the biggest con is moral - its pretty low. I think that's partially due to the world in which my generation has grown up in where we always get a pat on the back - everyone wins and everyone expects their boss to be perfect. For those people they aren't in touch with reality. The core hours was a problem but has since been gotten rid of by the CEO for 2013. Lack of communication between teams - everyone has a silo view and doesn't think about how projects impact others.

Trust your employees to make good decisions.

Advance Tech Support/Customer Service

Current Employee - Advance Tech Support/Customer Service
    Current Employee - Advance Tech Support/Customer Service

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been with dish 8.5 years. I feel that this is a great place to work. Yes, Dish tells you what they expect of you, but they also provide tools to help you acheive the goals set forth. Training,management, and computer tools are all available to help you be successful with dish as an employee. Promotions are made available to everyone...,how far do you want to go or how hard do you want to make your job,hr and management has always encouraged moving on up!!!! A year ago health issues kept me from work for a couple of months,not dish's fault,my team let the people of my call center know I needed help and people that I may not even have met stepped up like family to help.I for 1 am proud to say I am part of the Dish family,that's how I see my fellow employees and upper management, as family and in a normal family issues do arise but if we work to fix those issues together, then the bumps get smoothed out. I wonder where all of the negative comments about work are coming from,I think the best place to work for must be giving the employees something from nothing and those are probably the businesses that go under and lay off people,helping the overall econemy to fail.I say why leave dish and fail somewhere else? Is dish perfect?,tell me what company is?In the meantime,I will stay with my family and work hard to acheive the family's goal and keep a good productive life going.I choose not to be in management and wanted to see at least 1 good comment posted from some place other than management or corporate.We are a great family!!!

Cons

I have none because if I don't use my available sources made available to me, it is my choice to fail or succeed!!!

Just keep the open door policies and listen to even the newest of employees questions or suggestions.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!