There are newer employer reviews for DISH

It's a job

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I like my fellow co workers and the technology is the best.

Cons

Well last week a report came out that said dish was the meanest company to work for and I have to agree. Now all of the sudden our CEO asked us to write positive reviews on here so I have been laughing at all these new comments. They must have gotten a perk for saying nice things. This place is a joke. It is cheap, micro managed, and scatter brained. Most managers don't have a clue but they get promoted because they have friends in upper management. They expect you to pay everything up front no matter the cost. We only get 10 dollars for lunch and 20 for dinner, so never expect a quality meal. Please do yourself a favor and never apply for a job here. Don't listen to those corporate guys praising this company. It isn't true

It doesn't matter what you say. Nothing will change. Joe Clayton talks a big game , but that's about it. He doesn't care about you or your family. Maybe one day the company will get better but until then congrats on being named worst company to work for and meanest company in the us. That's what you worked for and now you got it.

1753 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Worthless company EVER!!!

Former Employee - Dispatcher  in  Marietta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in Marietta, GA (US)

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good schedule to work with the hours was perfect and was able to relocate to another state within the company

Cons

The change of schedules coming in at 4am was a killer just to route techs for same day, which I felt was useless only an hour to route techs!!! When Charlie mandate Dish employees to have Dish in there homes, which was the worst service every to have when they didn't have the certain channels like other provider !!! Didn't provide enough Black Station like TV one and Centric like other providers do!! Even though its cheaper but its crap when it come to Black station.

Even though you closed down Dispatch Centers and 1000 of Dispatcher became unemployed, you made working with your company like jail. Each office had rules that apply to that office didn't really award your former employees with reward of doing thing above an beyond. Work the techs like hell during winter and summer hours. You need to rethink on how you get customer and stop changing the cancellation fee from 199.00 to almost 400.00 which is high way robbery. All you big shot sitting in the office should do installments and answer phones and deal with irate Customers

The worst job experience I've ever had.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Littleton, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Littleton, CO (US)

I worked at DISH full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free dish service, money was okay - I was in top 10% of industry (nationwide). Neither of which worth the stress, lack of dignity, or belittlement you're required to endure.

Cons

Micro-management at it's worst. We'd have meetings each morning, supposedly to boost our energy / motivation...yet, your motivation was simple - if you didn't close a certain amount of sales per hour, you'll be replaced. They make it very clear, each and every day, employees are expendable. If you live in Littleton CO, you're familiar with NOW HIRING sign on outside of the building, which is there 365 days a year. Dish Network is a people mill, they probably terminate 30-45 people a month. Even as someone doing rather well, I knew my time was limited. You were considered a "VET" if you lasted 6 months (that's as far as I made it). They don't pay hourly for sales, therefore common for them to make you work 14 hr shifts daily (they were very efficient at working around CO labor laws). If you had 2-3 days off, it was mandatory you worked at least one 10 hr shift during one of those days. Family values doesn't play any part of Dish core values, allowing employees quality time with their families was never a concern. Employees safety was never a concern either, even in most treacherous road conditions you were expected to show up on time. Be forewarned, being ONE minute late is subject to termination.

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" Mark 8:36

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!