Worst pay rate

Current Employee - Matterial Hendler  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
Current Employee - Matterial Hendler in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is no reazon to work for dish..

Cons

The pay rate for reciving people is really bad, for all the work they do that is really ridiculos. Is a heavy job whit multiple tasks

Increase the pay rate, is really sad that it will take ous more than 5 years to make a dicent pay. Pay more attention to the peopple that is working hard in the warehouse, if you don't treat good your employes, i don't think you will do it whith the costumers.

Other Reviews for DISH

Put your head between your legs and kiss yourself goodbye

Current Employee - Sales Trainer  in  Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Trainer in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a job. You get paid for working there. Joseph Clayton and his managers micromanage you to death. There are fingerprint scanners so they know where you are at at all times.

Cons

It's the meanest company to work for in America. Senior management will yell at you and berate you in front of other employees if you do something wrong. They have no morals here. Working conditions are terrible. It is like prison!! Why work here, when you can work for one of the top 100 best companies to work for in America.

We are people and we have feelings. Please listen to us!! We're begging you!

It's a call center. Where you take calls.

Current Employee - Business Operations Specialist  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Business Operations Specialist in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

In general: If you can deal being on the phones talking to people all day, it's a pretty easy job. The resources are there if you need help, lots of training, lots of opportunities for development and moving into different departments. Shifts are based on call volume so there's always a need for evening/weekend staffing but there are plenty of shift options and many are M-F or earlier in the day. Opportunities to get bonuses and contest prizes or random stuff from network representatives. Need a True Blood flashlight? How about 3?
    My department: Laid-back environment, good culture, great coworkers. If you want to do the bare minimum, the job is fairly simple, straightforward, and can be repetitive. But there are always more aspects of the business to learn and if you're interested in doing more, people are supportive. Very hands-off management, which can be nice if you can produce results and prefer to work at your own pace.
    I came into this job by necessity- I finished school, moved to a new city, and couldn't find anything in my field. I took the job as a customer service agent because I needed a job and I stayed because I felt it was useless to hop from 1 "plan b" job to another. I decided if I wasn't finding what I wanted I may as well stay at one job and be able to show advancement within one place and longevity. I'm probably lucky that I moved into the department I did, but I see room for advancement and overall find the job satisfying.

Cons

It's a call center so most of the stuff that goes along with that is true here as well. Agents are accountable for multiple metrics, need to be able to think quickly on calls, and have to be emotionally prepared to deal with all sorts of people- jerks, idiots, well-meaning elderly, etc. Most positions are hired from within and it's cool that most of your superiors started out on the phones as well. But while there's an opportunity for advancement, there's a bottleneck from agents into support staff. A few hundred agents versus 30 or so support staff. Also, being able to advance is often predicated on doing well in your current metrics, which makes sense, but it can be overly narrow and shortsighted. Benefits and pay is apparently not very good- honestly I don't really have an opinion on benefits and in regards to pay, I was given an opportunity to learn and gain experience in a department for which I had no training so I consider that to be a trade-off.

I know you're busy, but most employees want development and would like an official opportunity to discuss their jobs. When you procrastinate or don't take it seriously it tells your report that you don't care about them or their performance.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!