DISH

www.dish.com
  www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worst pay rate

Current Employee - Matterial Hendler in Atlanta, GA (US)
Current Employee - Matterial Hendler in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is no reazon to work for dish..

Cons

The pay rate for reciving people is really bad, for all the work they do that is really ridiculos. Is a heavy job whit multiple tasks

Increase the pay rate, is really sad that it will take ous more than 5 years to make a dicent pay. Pay more attention to the peopple that is working hard in the warehouse, if you don't treat good your employes, i don't think you will do it whith the costumers.

1854 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Worst place in America to work... Yes

Current Employee - Dr Dish/Broadband in Hilliard, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Dr Dish/Broadband in Hilliard, OH (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They are always looking to hire and give hours. I'm really struggling to think of another positive thing to say.

Cons

This company doesn't care about you and doesn't pretend to care. Wither employee customer or both they care more about your money than you. Profits before customers, customers before employees. There is always this feeling that they are looking to replace you. I have been with dish for 3 years and by their stats have been rated as one of the top agents at my site. They work me long hours and seem to not understand if you can't or don't want to work over time. I'm at a call center and they are not afraid to tell you that you are replaceable. They can't keep employees and have a high turn over rate for so many reasons. Their training is poor and they blame the employees for not knowing the job. Then when they get to where i am they find how bad training is up to this point. Them the people that do have experience have to explain why it took five people to fix their simple issue. They continuously and to your job without a raise, and little to no training. One of the big things right now is sales. They are telling people that if you can't get your sales at least 8% or you will be fired. I do tech Support and i find it terrible trying to sell programming to someone that can't get their TV to work. I could say a lot more but i think this is a good start to tell how bad the company is. Oh one more thing. Joe Claton seems to think there is no problem here and told all employees to go on here and wright a review if you like your job. Backfire...

Remember your employees are people too.

The most Miserable 2 years of my life

Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Pine Brook, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Pine Brook, NJ (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you are good at Sales, you can make a decent salary.

It's better than being Unemployed

Cons

Treated like a machine rather than a person.

Constantly threatened with the possibility of losing your job

Long hours, mandatory overtime, no paid holidays

Frequent schedule changes

If you have children, make sure there aren't any emergencies! You will receive an "Occurence" (essentially a write up) if you have to leave work early for a sick child, etc.

If you have a bad week and don't meet your metrics they will actually deduct money from your pay

Realize that you have actual living, breathing humans working for you, who have families that they would like to see more than once a week. Treat people with respect and empathy and it will go a long way. Employees that feel valued are more inclined to work harder and go the extra mile.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH