DISH

www.dish.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Not terrible but not great

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Parker, CO (US)
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Parker, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Getting paid for travel. Getting paid over minimum wage (barely).

Cons

Unable to get raises due to company "not being able to afford it", no perks with DISH service, at all.

Treat your employees better.

2002 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Fear of losing job in a bad job market = Productivity

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Ann Arbor, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent Pay, Three days off ( unless forced OT ), and decent co workers ( Techs ). Honestly there is not much else i could put on this category.

Cons

Long days, and just when you think your day might be over you get another job dumped on you because they leave scheduling calenders open till 3pm or another tech is sitting around somewhere. Computer generated routing is extremely inefficient but beats paying someone to do it in the companies eyes. Start time gets changed usually twice a year or more. We are micro managed to death. I never seen or even heard of a company who discourages thinking or uniqueness like Dish. Follow these steps to install, follow these steps to troubleshoot, your van has to be organized this way. If you don't do these things you are insubordinate. They want you to be robots with no opinion, no ideas, and definitely don't question the corporate way of doing things. The biggest problem with where i work is by far local management. Like my title says the atmosphere local management has created is what makes this place as bad as it is in my opinion. Due to lack of real management ability and technique they use fear, fear of losing your job to get techs to be "productive" . I am not trying to say we should be able to not do our jobs well and keep our job. I just disagree with how they go about it. I have seen the majority of senior techs either walk out or get fired on purpose because the atmosphere here just eats away at your soul until you just cant take it anymore. Because of the fear no one speaks out anymore, the one person who did......Fired.

Take a look at the past two years and how many of the senior techs have walked off or been fired for miniscule things. Look at the higher then ever turnover rate here. These are proof of everything i have said. Treat your employees like they are valued not expendable. Encourage thinking and ideas, one way of doing things does not work for everyone.

Decent work but could be better

Former Employee - Former Fss3 in Ann Arbor, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Former Fss3 in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Pay
    - Work with good people

Cons

- micromanaged to death
    - expected to meet metrics that we have no control over (ip connectivity)
    - Expected to score 10 on customer surveys on every job or else....... (Even though we talk to the customer about the survey they still give what ever score they want, get that through your thick head)
    - Expected to be a tech but also spend time trying to sell products to customers (when no sales are made you have to listen to upper management complain that your not doing good enough)
    - No actual hands on training with new products (if your going to release a new product why would us techs not get a chance to have it in our house to try out and learn all we can to help educate the customer better). We should not have to pay for these products to train ourselves.
    -Get hammered with jobs and expected to make sure all are 100% up to code while trying to keep your stats up, this is one of the major stressful parts of this job.
    -Constant fear of the qas nazi failing your jobs (Not having a sticker on the remote.... FAIL)
    -Joe Claytons "just one more" attitude. How about you go out on the road and do 4 - 6 jobs and do just one more, get real we do enough.
    -Idiotic training videos (videos covering how to use power tools. Stuff that we all know and don't need some women acting like she has picked up a tool in her entire life). Money used for these videos could be used in oh I don't know better equipment (lots of faulty receivers causing tc's that we get marked down for) or increased pay.
    -Sales rep that lie to customers to make a sale and we get stuck with telling them the truth and then having to deal with them.

show more respect to your techs.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH