Darden

www.darden.com
There are newer employer reviews for Darden

Fun, engaging place to work with an openness to hear different points of view from all levels

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Orlando, FL (US)
Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Darden

Pros

Environment, culture and people are the strongest point for Darden.

Cons

Due to ensuring that the right people are hired and don't become overweight in staff, the company does have an intensive interview process and career growth can be slower. However, I feel that it's well worth the time when you enjoy your time at work.

822 Other Employee Reviews for Darden (View Most Recent)

I wouldn't do it again

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Darden

Pros

The flexibility in hours is nice, as is the ability to request off and email the staff while on the internet.

Cons

Bad promos bring is overindulgent guests who sit for hours and don't tip, the manager turnover rate is ridiculously high (I worked there for a year and a half and went through three gms and seven regular managers). The managers frequently had "hate-employees," who would find themselves the target of blanket managerial scrutiny and pressure until they a) quit, or b) were fired. From what I hear from my friends who still work there, Darden's new tip-out policy has cut the wages of the bus and bar staff to save the company money, and is having the servers make it up out of their own tips.

Employees feel like they exist only as replaceable parts to the higher-ups, and that their income is being constantly assaulted by Darden practices. If you want to run a good restaurant, you need to start by treating your employees well.

Professionally unsatisfying with little opportunity for advancement.

Current Employee - Server in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Server in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Darden

Pros

The job is fine if food service your career choice. The money is good and the job is relatively secure in these tough economic times.

Cons

There is little opportunity for advancement. Job satisfaction is low when you feel like you are in a dead end job.

Lighten up on some of the rules regarding breaks, eating, and drinking. Few people really want to be in the food service industry. Taking away some of the perks is bad for moral and may eventually lead to defiance. Even though it is an employers market, turnover is likely to increase.

There are newer employer reviews for Darden