Great company in a great space of big data analytics

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Mateo, CA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA (US)

I have been working at Datameer full-time for more than a year

Pros

Market leading company that is continually pushing innovation in analytics. Very unique technology approach gives a competitive advantage against all of the wannabes coming to the space. Datameer is moving fast but with a vision to leverage Hadoop and make analytics available to lost more business people. Great place to work, great team attitude and its fun working with the extended team around the world and with customers.

Cons

None really, the market is moving fast so its challenging but that is what a leading startup is all about.

Keep focused on the vision and keep pushing to make customers successful and the rest will take care of itself.

Other Reviews for Datameer

Enjoy where you work. You spend most of your day there.

Current Employee - Technical Writer  in  Halle, Saxony-Anhalt (Germany)
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Halle, Saxony-Anhalt (Germany)

I have been working at Datameer full-time for more than a year

Pros

People oriented - Datameer works with you to make sure that you can concentrate on your work. That might mean leaving early, working a different schedule or getting married in the office. But we truly care about our colleagues.
    Great people - I've made great friends at Datameer, at other places I've always just had 'colleagues'.
    Constant learning - I've learned more at this job than anywhere else. There are always people around who are ready to help if you ever have a question. Every month we have a 'geekOut' where we work on furthering our knowledge of topics we don't use at work every day.
    Great amenities - Coffee, foosball table, massages, language lessons.

Cons

Geographic distance - Our team is spread out across two continents. This can sometimes make communications difficult. One party either needs to get up very early or the other party needs to stay at work till very late.

Challenged for self improvement. Great people!

I have been working at Datameer full-time

Pros

Great people, innovative product, charismatic leadership. Management pushes employees hard to build character & skill.

Cons

Turn over takes toll on culture.

Encourage work/life balance.

There are newer employer reviews for Datameer.

Worked for Datameer? Contribute to the Community!