There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University

Great Experience

I have been working at DeVry University

Pros

Part-time teaching job. Minimal prep work required for math. Salary is excellent compared to many other adjunct type positions. With PhD $3600 per 7.5 week class. The class meets twice per week for 4 hours each session.

Cons

Most of the students are not college ready. Somewhat equivalent to teaching middle school or high school level,

382 Other Employee Reviews for DeVry University (View Most Recent)

Short Lived

Former Employee - Student Success Coach
    Former Employee - Student Success Coach

I worked at DeVry University full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great pay! My pay was awesome, loved it. The work was do-able. I loved the students and my interaction with them. Company had good benefits. I was starting to use my education benefits....BUT

Cons

I got laid off after 9 months! And i had to choose between my severance and never working for Devry again- messed up! I didn't take the severance thinking I could get back, not even giving me a interview!? Managers and senior staff get raises only. Speaking up can get you in trouble.

None, because they don't listen anyways. They do nothing but walk around all day and "act" busy. At the end of the day, they are the ones that get the raises and lay off hard workers.

It is a great experience and I love being a tutor.

Current Employee - Student Worker in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Student Worker in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at DeVry University part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are several different pros. The first pro is that my boss is great and the second pro is that they will work around your school schedule. The third pro is that it is close and I enjoy what I am doing.

Cons

There are several different cons as well. The first con is that there is not a lot of room for personal growth. The second con is that it is only part-time hours.

There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University