Dealer.com

www.dealer.com
  www.dealer.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dealer.com

Great Company - Rewarding with a lot of Growth Potential

I have been working at Dealer.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are fantastic - hard working but also a lot of fun. It's a big start-up - which means a lot of rolling up the sleeves to get work done, but also a lot of opportunity to contribute at every level. The emphasis on health is nice, although a bit extreme at times, but that's not necessarily a bad thing! I think the company and its leaders are always striving to do the right thing for its customers and its employees - what a lot of people may not understand, especially those with little working experience, is how difficult (and at times conflicting) it can be to grow a company, maintain competitiveness, meet board expectations, and keep the culture thriving. If you can ride the wave here, it's an amazing experience to be a part of.

Cons

Some instances of immature leadership. Limited talent pool in VT.

73 Other Employee Reviews for Dealer.com (View Most Recent)

Whirlwind on the spirit of life path to being escorted on the path to the door

Former Employee - Cafe Assistant in Burlington, VT (US)
    Former Employee - Cafe Assistant in Burlington, VT (US)

I worked at Dealer.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

All the moral support from employees when I was forced to leave miss you all. The benefits were great. I won the spirit of life award december 2012.

Cons

I was verbally abused by a fellow coworker. I was supposed to tell people I was going on an adventure in order to work out my notice. Managers taking tips. When I started with the company bonuses were part of my contract for performance they got taken away.

Hr for the cafe should know their policy for harrassment and profanity in the workplace and train the manager and assistant. To the Chief Earthling when someone sits down and writes you a letter and mails it acknowledge it. Treat people the way you want to be treated.

Excellent offer turns in to 5 month nightmare

Former Employee - Regional Sales Director
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Director

I worked at Dealer.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Cafe is amazing, very nice facility in Burlington. You will meet some great people.

Cons

They lured me away from a 10 billion dollar company with an amazing offer back in Oct 2011. I was brought on to sell their new CRM that still seems to be in development. They give you a two week ORIENTATION and no job specific training. They want their employees to be in the dark. The senior management commented "if you need training you're the wrong person for the job". After two months everything about that amazing offer changed, still no training, charging me back for accounts they lost that I wasn't even involved in or paid for. After laying out the new pay plan the VP responsible left the country for two weeks. When I pressed them on training me and my concerns about the pay plan I was threatened and was told to shut my mouth. When I finally resigned after five months they ended up suing me for a non compete. They didnt live up to any part of my offer yet I am to be bound by a non compete? They hired me from a competitor and had no issue with that. On top of that while they are suing me for going to work elsewhere they hired a coworker directly from my new employer. They cost me and my new employer tens of thousands of dollars. Thats all behind us now and its time to collect.

Your success has changed everything about you that got you to the position you are in today. The floodgates have opened on your employees and your customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Dealer.com