There are newer employer reviews for Dealer.com

Great Company - Rewarding with a lot of Growth Potential

I have been working at Dealer.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are fantastic - hard working but also a lot of fun. It's a big start-up - which means a lot of rolling up the sleeves to get work done, but also a lot of opportunity to contribute at every level. The emphasis on health is nice, although a bit extreme at times, but that's not necessarily a bad thing! I think the company and its leaders are always striving to do the right thing for its customers and its employees - what a lot of people may not understand, especially those with little working experience, is how difficult (and at times conflicting) it can be to grow a company, maintain competitiveness, meet board expectations, and keep the culture thriving. If you can ride the wave here, it's an amazing experience to be a part of.

Cons

Some instances of immature leadership. Limited talent pool in VT.

64 Other Employee Reviews for Dealer.com (View Most Recent)

Whirlwind on the spirit of life path to being escorted on the path to the door

Former Employee - Cafe Assistant  in  Burlington, VT (US)
    Former Employee - Cafe Assistant in Burlington, VT (US)

I worked at Dealer.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

All the moral support from employees when I was forced to leave miss you all. The benefits were great. I won the spirit of life award december 2012.

Cons

I was verbally abused by a fellow coworker. I was supposed to tell people I was going on an adventure in order to work out my notice. Managers taking tips. When I started with the company bonuses were part of my contract for performance they got taken away.

Hr for the cafe should know their policy for harrassment and profanity in the workplace and train the manager and assistant. To the Chief Earthling when someone sits down and writes you a letter and mails it acknowledge it. Treat people the way you want to be treated.

Not for everyone- do your homework and make a good decision

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Burlington, VT (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT (US)

I have been working at Dealer.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent facility with an onsite spinning and yoga studio. The company has demonstrated a commitment to its employees health with the creation of a "life" team. There are several dedicated team members across the entire organization and in many departments that have helped Dealer.com grow into the company it is today.

Cons

The organization is LOADED with politics- career management with Dealer.com is more of a "who you know" proposition than a "what you know". I experienced many people in key management positions that were in over their heads. Many were more concerned about being exposed for what they didn't know with minimal interest in learning what they needed to do their job better. The unwritten standard is mistake free work, which is impossible, and the organizational paradigm is one to quickly blame to avoid being a part of a failed project or initiative. There are many managers in the company wearing "Scarlet Letters" for simply trying to make the company better and doing the right thing. They wear the brand because in doing so they challenged the authority or approach of a person in a higher office. The company pitches a collaborative and proactive work environment when it is actually and very subtly rife with acrimony. Bring your compass... navigation is NOT easy.

Follow the principles that made the company great, there is a lot more good with the company than bad. The challenges described above are the results of the behavior of a small group of people that clearly make decisions based upon what is best for them with very little consideration for the organization. I suggest you identify and weed them out. They are easy to find if you look a little more at substance over style and consider the people that have really made the difference for the company as it has grown.
    It would be great to see Dealer.com go back to being a great company to work for.

There are newer employer reviews for Dealer.com

Worked for Dealer.com? Contribute to the Community!