Deloitte LLP
3.5 of 5 5,630 reviews
www.deloitte.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Best of the Big 4

ERS Consultant (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Deloitte LLP

ProsQuite simply, I'm challenged every day to so something different. As a professional services firm, obviously client interaction is the primary job and it's fascinating to me to interact with myriad different kinds of people of companies. The firm does all kinds of client service work, so there's probably some kind of interesting work for anyone interested in the firm. Excuse me if I sound a little "rah rah Deloitte" but the firm takes good care of me and lets me do work I enjoy with people I respect and care about. "The people" is something Deloitte uses as a selling point in recruiting and I do beleive it's more than just hype. The people at Deloitte are bright, motivated, team players. I've worked on a multitude of different projects and made good friends internally at every one. I also have to give special mention to the internal feedback system. Professionals at every level are encouraged to use a formal scorecard system to get feedback from their colleagues about what they're doing and how they can do it better. The scorecards are an invaluable tool for improving job performance.

ConsThis kind of work isn't for everyone. It took me 6 months in the firm before i really found a kind of work I enjoy, and nearly half of the recruiting class I started with have moved on within 2 years. The hours can be long and the travel times can be high. You have to be willing to be a mobile worker. I don't have a desk of my own, and whenever I'm in the home office, I have to reserve space ahead of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management does a good job of obfuscating the promotion and compensation adjustment processes. While the feedback process is outstanding, it's hard to tell how that translates back into promotions and raises.

Deloitte offers wonderful opportunities if you're willing to put in the hard work.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Deloitte LLP

Pros: The primary reason to work for deloitte is opportunity. Especially in the New York office where the clients are exceptionally large and the projects are… Cons: The usual downsides for a consulting company come into play - long hours, favoritism of certain employees by… Advice to Senior Management: In general, just listen to the people who are working on the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great employer if you are single, work-life balance is a farse.

Manager (Current Employee)
Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Deloitte LLP

Pros: E-learning and overall training is great! Deloitte is great if you are single and working your way up the ladder, but if you have… Cons: If you have young children it's very tough, but that is the case anywhere in… Advice to Senior Management: Bonus' should be very high for consultants on 100% travel. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Deloitte LLP.

Worked for Deloitte LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte LLP reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Deloitte LLP CEO Joe Echevarria. All reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte LLP employees.