Deloitte

www.deloitte.com

Best of the Big 4

ERS Consultant (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsQuite simply, I'm challenged every day to so something different. As a professional services firm, obviously client interaction is the primary job and it's fascinating to me to interact with myriad different kinds of people of companies. The firm does all kinds of client service work, so there's probably some kind of interesting work for anyone interested in the firm. Excuse me if I sound a little "rah rah Deloitte" but the firm takes good care of me and lets me do work I enjoy with people I respect and care about. "The people" is something Deloitte uses as a selling point in recruiting and I do beleive it's more than just hype. The people at Deloitte are bright, motivated, team players. I've worked on a multitude of different projects and made good friends internally at every one. I also have to give special mention to the internal feedback system. Professionals at every level are encouraged to use a formal scorecard system to get feedback from their colleagues about what they're doing and how they can do it better. The scorecards are an invaluable tool for improving job performance.

ConsThis kind of work isn't for everyone. It took me 6 months in the firm before i really found a kind of work I enjoy, and nearly half of the recruiting class I started with have moved on within 2 years. The hours can be long and the travel times can be high. You have to be willing to be a mobile worker. I don't have a desk of my own, and whenever I'm in the home office, I have to reserve space ahead of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management does a good job of obfuscating the promotion and compensation adjustment processes. While the feedback process is outstanding, it's hard to tell how that translates back into promotions and raises.

You get what you put in

Semi Assistant (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros: Experience, knowledge and advancement you won't get working for a… Cons: We all know it's the hours Advice to Senior Management: N/A Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Best place to work until you have a family!

Consultant (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros: - Variety: opportunity to work across any industry if you don't yet know exactly what you're interested in - Opportunity to work in 1 or 2… Cons: - It's a big company with a lot of systems and processes, sometimes can feel bureaucratic - Can't get promoted much out of cycle - Below-average pay -… Advice to Senior Management: - Continue what you're doing, and learn from each other across regions and offices - some offices have definitely a better, more well-defined and appreciated… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Deloitte.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!