Demand Media
www.demandmedia.com Santa Monica, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Demand Media: Great Company, Great Pay, Great Opportunity

Freelance (Current Employee)

I have been working at Demand Media as a contractor for more than 5 years

ProsWork 24/7, pick your titles so you write what you are interested in and what you know You can work anytime day or night, save data and finish assignment later. You have one week to finish each assignment. You can go months without writing and not get dropped, as long as you produce quality articles. They pay twice a week for finished material that has been approved.

ConsIf you do not have much education you may have difficulty getting enough assignments to write. You have to be approved to write about topics. It took months to get approved for parenting because so many freelancers were eligible, but it only took less than an hour to get approved for accounting topics.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease start offering more revenue share articles...

"Demanding" Media

Contributing Author (Former Employee)

I worked at Demand Media part-time for less than a year

Pros: You get to work remotely, on your own schedule, and when I started contributing authors had a lot of control over which writing assignments they… Cons: The whole business model changed and although they never "fired" anyone, writers like me with no credentials in other fields like finance or whatever pretty… Advice to Senior Management: Be honest with your writers. If you're going from generating 300+ titles a day to 30, obviously there won't… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good vision, but lacking unified execution

Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Demand Media full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good benefits and day-to-day perks Cons: Lack of teamwork across business units. Advice to Senior Management: Unify your business units and show the value of everything… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Demand Media.

Worked for Demand Media? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Demand Media reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Demand Media CEO Shawn Colo . All reviews posted anonymously by Demand Media employees.