DigitalGlobe

www.digitalglobe.com

No career growth at Digitalglobe, no raises, poor management, inexperienced employees

Analyst (Current Employee) Longmont, CO (US)

ProsEveryone is nice at DG, great benefits, and the office building has perks like a little gym, yoga room, Gibs bagels, and free fountain drink. In most departments the job is flexible with the option to work from home and set your own hours.

ConsIf you are looking into getting a job here, please read all of these reviews because everyone I have read is 100% true.

No Career Growth: I have held the same position for almost 5 years, I constantly am asking for a promotion or ways to receive one. The answer remains "we are working with HR to get more career growth within our department" - this has been the same answer for years!

Regardless of how great you are, your review will always be average. My review score was the same as my coworkers who is constantly late for work, sick, or making mistakes. If you are a hard worker and like being appreciated for what you do, stay away from this place.

If you are any smart, more than likely your boss will find you to be a threat (because most of the managers are uneducated) and will find something wrong with you. Managers are notorious for taking credit for their employees work.

Unprofessional Environment: I have heard of so many people filing sexual harassment cases to HR. The work environment is too casual, people cross the lines constantly. There is a lot of crying, gossip, and yelling in this work place.

Unfair Treatment: Some workers are allowed to work from home, while another person with the same job title is not. In addition, the salary is way off. My coworker has no experience or degree and makes about $35k more a year then I do! I have 11 years experience in this field and a relevant degree.

No Raises or Bonuses: Because everyone is lumped into average rating, forget a raise. Bonuses tend to be $1k-$5k a piece. With major cutbacks with a new CEO I doubt anyone will get a raise over the next few years.

Unless you have a strong passion for this industry and all you want to do for the rest of your life is play with satellites then go for it. If you just want a job in management, HR, etc., I would not get a job here.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees when you ask for feedback.

More attention needs to be given to the Operations staff, there is a lot to fix there.

Send Management to management courses.

Extremely Poor leadership who abuse hard working staff

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Longmont, CO (US)

I worked at DigitalGlobe full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Cool, cutting edge tech that is always interesting and challenging. You certainly won't get bored here. If you are simply interested in "playing"… Cons: Leadership is arrogant, dictatorial, and completely disconnected from the "working class". I have never encountered a leadership team that is made up of more… Advice to Senior Management: Stop hiring your friends, neighbors and former staff and get some real talent in… – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

People and satellites are superior; the rest is a disappointment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Longmont, CO (US)

I have been working at DigitalGlobe

Pros: My DigitalGlobe colleagues are all very hard working, knowledgeable, and helpful. The facilities, equipment,… Cons: Communication is lacking, processes are cumbersome, and it takes forever to get… Advice to Senior Management: 1. Invest in your employees: develop career paths for all employees, implement an employee review process that's meaningful (and fair), grow your workers into… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on DigitalGlobe.

Worked for DigitalGlobe? Contribute to the Community!