Dollar Tree

They are about numbers

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time

Pros

The store team was great
Great as a part-time worker hours ranged from 4-20 hrs a week depending on hours available

Cons

No ergonomic support - standing at the registers really takes a toll on your body.
Increasing holiday hours. Example 9-9 on 4th of July.

I understand this company needs to make it's money but please consider that your workers are people with families too.
Also, you might want to look at getting someone to make working stations and the work environment more ergonomic. Even Walmart cashiers get nice rubber mats for their registers. Preventative actions help decrease chronic conditions or at least delay them.
If you take the time to read this, thank you.

632 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

I learned a hard lesson working for this company...don't go to management with problems.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I wish I could say something positive about this company, but I really can't think of anything nice to say.

Cons

When they report a problem to Corporate, instead of resolving the problem, they turn on them and their career with the company is over.

Treat your employees better. They are putting their sweat and tears into the job so that you can make a profit.

Bad pay and no respect

Former Employee - Cashier in Cleveland, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Cashier in Cleveland, OH (US)

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The job was very easy and was not physically demanding.

Cons

The pay was horrible and most of the hours went to the managers and to the assistant managers. People either quit or got fired a little too often. Almost every time I walk in there, I see someone new. At the Dollar Tree that I worked at, we were never really busy at all so usually at night there is only one cashier and one manger or assistant manger and that is it. Some times when I needed them to answer a question for a customer, they were outside smoking or in the break room where they can't hear the intercom so I was left with no help. You got yelled at if your register was a penny short. There was no respect at all for employees.

Respect employees. Give better hours. Give better pay.

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree