DynCorp Human Resources

Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator  in  Falls Church, VA (US)
Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Falls Church, VA (US)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

DynCorp employees proactive, smart people who are a pleasure to work with in its office environment. The managers have a large network of resources and are constantly training to improve their job skills.

Cons

Travel is a must. Most jobs require light to heavy travel including overseas where many of their contracts are.

Other Reviews for DynCorp International

Company Does Not Value Talented Professionals/Subject Matter Experts

Current Employee - Senior Advisor  in  Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Senior Advisor in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The cadre of professionals, who serve as mentors and professional advisors here in Kabul, is extraordinary. Deployment Center in Fort Worth was well organized and well run.

Cons

The list of cons is overwhelming, at least here in Kabul. The management epitomizes arrogance and has no idea of the talent and contributions being made by his advisors--let alone their names. Living conditions are terrible here in Kabul. Although we are used to living in austere conditions, we rate more than 45 square feet per person, and we don't appreciate living in slums with unvetted TCNs; these concerns have been brought to management's attention with no action. The team leaders are afraid to raise concerns for fear of reprisals and termination--DON'T BLOW THE WHISTLE HERE. The professionals and subject matter experts are loyal to the mission first and never to DynCorp and the mythical five (5) points of its star. Many of the professional workforce (retired O-6 and E-9) won't put DynCorp on their resumes. The operations/business management (who live on the overhead of the professionals) are inept, unconcerned, and surly. I was personally left stranded at Kabul airport for three hours, my Interpreter lost a day's worth of pay, and one of the business office personnel was told not to input an Interpreter's pay because it was five (5) minutes late and off the clock. (This particular interpreter was working in Southern Afghanistan and there were network connectivity issues....he only gets paid once per month). Attrition is running approximately 30%...a completely tragic and avoidable situation.

Live up to the DynCorp star. Stop underbidding projects and pay your talent more. Learn your employees' names and don't force your valuable people to live in inhumane conditions with unvetted TCNs.

not too bad

Current Employee - Security  in  Doha (Qatar)
    Current Employee - Security in Doha (Qatar)

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

decent pay, good foot in the door

Cons

they hire a lot of complainers and slackrs

There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International.

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!