There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International

heavy wheel mechanic

Current Employee - Heavy Wheel Mechanic in El Paso, TX (US)
Current Employee - Heavy Wheel Mechanic in El Paso, TX (US)

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

good people, start time and end time for work is the same. go home at a decent time.

Cons

everything changes day to day and nothing is set in stone makes it hard to do your job when one thing is said and then changed. the lack of communication is a huge problem with the company. tpay is decent but for the work that we do and the use of our personnal tools that sometimes break in my veiw we should be paid more than what we get now. just about everything we need comes out of pocket and not from the units as stated in out contract, plus the cost of living has gone up. the health insurance is very high. no advancement in the company.

stop disregarding the real problems and fix things that are going on. make policies that you can keep and stick to it. know what is needed and what the company wants to do instead of having constant changes. put an effort into training.

363 Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International (View Most Recent)

DynCorp Human Resources

Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Falls Church, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Falls Church, VA (US)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

DynCorp employees proactive, smart people who are a pleasure to work with in its office environment. The managers have a large network of resources and are constantly training to improve their job skills.

Cons

Travel is a must. Most jobs require light to heavy travel including overseas where many of their contracts are.

Company Does Not Value Talented Professionals/Subject Matter Experts

Current Employee - Senior Advisor in Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Senior Advisor in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The cadre of professionals, who serve as mentors and professional advisors here in Kabul, is extraordinary. Deployment Center in Fort Worth was well organized and well run.

Cons

The list of cons is overwhelming, at least here in Kabul. The management epitomizes arrogance and has no idea of the talent and contributions being made by his advisors--let alone their names. Living conditions are terrible here in Kabul. Although we are used to living in austere conditions, we rate more than 45 square feet per person, and we don't appreciate living in slums with unvetted TCNs; these concerns have been brought to management's attention with no action. The team leaders are afraid to raise concerns for fear of reprisals and termination--DON'T BLOW THE WHISTLE HERE. The professionals and subject matter experts are loyal to the mission first and never to DynCorp and the mythical five (5) points of its star. Many of the professional workforce (retired O-6 and E-9) won't put DynCorp on their resumes. The operations/business management (who live on the overhead of the professionals) are inept, unconcerned, and surly. I was personally left stranded at Kabul airport for three hours, my Interpreter lost a day's worth of pay, and one of the business office personnel was told not to input an Interpreter's pay because it was five (5) minutes late and off the clock. (This particular interpreter was working in Southern Afghanistan and there were network connectivity issues....he only gets paid once per month). Attrition is running approximately 30%...a completely tragic and avoidable situation.

Live up to the DynCorp star. Stop underbidding projects and pay your talent more. Learn your employees' names and don't force your valuable people to live in inhumane conditions with unvetted TCNs.

There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International