There are newer employer reviews for E*TRADE Financial

DBA at etrade

Current Employee - Director  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Company, nice place to work

Cons

Nothing as of now to say

300 Other Employee Reviews for E*TRADE Financial (View Most Recent)

Don't waste your time

Former Employee - Investment Consultant
    Former Employee - Investment Consultant

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Can't think of any... Good location.

Cons

Ineffective leadership from Senior level down to the sales manager. This company has no sales leadership from what I can see. My experience was the managers I interacted with were constantly in CYA mode. No one inspires anyone here with few exceptions. Sales meetings are a combination of information dump and beat downs. Training is 'one and done'. Individual goals do not match overall corporate messaging and direction. My manager regularly sent chastising e-mails - singling one employee out to the entire team. My sales manager would single out people in ALL CAPS TO EVERYONE. Hellooo.. HR, are you reading this

Hire sales leaders versus sales managers. Inspire your teams to greatness - not beat downs. Stop telling your teams 'what'; start showing them 'how'. (I suspect that most sales managers are clueless about the how component). Have your sales managers share a good idea to help Consultants succeed. This place is mostly void of solid talent.

Variable compensation; Overall experience largely dependent on location and manager

Current Employee - Financial Consultant
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time

Pros

The product spectrum is expanding, and as consultants, we have quite a bit of flexibilty and control over what we present to clients and how. Some of the folks on the sales distribution team are great and really focus their resources on helping FC's succeed.

Cons

- The comp plan changes frequently. The newest change makes it difficult to gauge how your bonus is progressing throughout the quarter if you have clients who are active traders (despite the fact that all that trading actually makes E*TRADE money).
    - While it's nice that you're given a book of business to start with, it's extremely difficult to remove clients from your book who don't belong there. You may end up with people who have no contact info, who have no desire to speak with you, or who don't live locally (if you're in a branch),.
    - Some branch managers seem great to work with, others can be micro-managers or number crunchers who aren't very helpful in their role to foster sales growth. Some branches work well together, others may have FC's who rarely interact with one another.
    - If you don't have an operations person in your branch, then be prepared to waste some time here and there on service issues or paperwork.
    - Some of the leads we get are complete garbage, yet you're still hounded by management if you don't properly attempt them several times and prove that you've exhausted all avenues to uncover business. I'd rather focus on actual opportunities than satisfy some arbitrary requirement.

There are newer employer reviews for E*TRADE Financial

Worked for E*TRADE Financial? Contribute to the Community!