E*TRADE Financial
www.etrade.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Corporate Services is a short-term job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Alpharetta, GA (US)

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFine place to spend 3-4 years but not a place for a long-term career. Good experience in corporate services to take to another company. Great experience in equity compensation but usually you must move away from Atlanta to find another job in the equity comp field.

ConsManagement won't developing employees, management always hires from the outside, raises are not regular but come every 3-4 years. Client services is overworked, client management is underworked and overpaid, and product management is underappreciated which results in incredibly high turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the regular cycle of building up and pulling back.

Everyone is an island, little opportunity to grow

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros: They hand out titles like lollipops and E*TRADE looks good… Cons: They hook you in the position with a higher than normal salary and promises of bonsuses, raises and promotions. Opinion throughout the company is that… Advice to Senior Management: Back off. Let your employees do what they were hired… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

You need the right personality to work here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Arlington, VA (US)

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good staff and middle managers. Salary and benefits could be better,… Cons: Way too much micro-managing. Very secretive and very political atmosphere. Morale rather low. Senior management has… Advice to Senior Management: Provide more opportunities to move to other areas of the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on E*TRADE Financial.

Worked for E*TRADE Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at E*TRADE Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for E*TRADE Financial CEO Paul T. Idzik. All reviews posted anonymously by E*TRADE Financial employees.